Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tim Callan A Bulldog

Confirmed.

Tim Callan & pick 66 > Bulldogs
    Pick 62 > Geelong
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tim Callan A Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Confirmed.

Tim Callan & pick 66 > Bulldogs
    Pick 62 > Geelong
    Similar deal to the one where we traded PBowden to Richmond

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal. Those are the types I like for fringe players, change your draft order slightly, get back a player.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that Saints went for Gardiner and King, for pick#90.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Similar deal to the one where we traded PBowden to Richmond
    Yep, though I would've preferred a trade similar to the one where we got rid of Rawlings and downgraded our pick to do it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    Yep, though I would've preferred a trade similar to the one where we got rid of Rawlings and downgraded our pick to do it
    I believe that was called Karma.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

rawlings deal was an act of stupidity. We were stupid to get rid of pick 6 back then, and we had to pay part of his contract for 2 years after we traded him to the kangaroos. Now that is stupid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    rawlings deal was an act of stupidity. We were stupid to get rid of pick 6 back then, and we had to pay part of his contract for 2 years after we traded him to the kangaroos. Now that is stupid.
    Hold on, if we had our time again, we would probably do the same thing. We are all smart in hindsight, but at the time Rawlings had just come off his best year. He took the most marks in the AFL playing CHF and we snagged him. His problem in the end was his dicky knees as he always had the talent to take a big contested mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention in an earlier thread that Eade has earmarked Callen as a tagger. He says he is a tough competitor and will be a run with player for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hold on, if we had our time again, we would probably do the same thing. We are all smart in hindsight, but at the time Rawlings had just come off his best year. He took the most marks in the AFL playing CHF and we snagged him. His problem in the end was his dicky knees as he always had the talent to take a big contested mark.
    I started a thread on BF at the time asking everyone to lay it on the line. I hate the way some people make out that they're all geniuses after the event. There were a few against getting Rawlings but the overwhelming sentiment was pro-Rawlings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    I started a thread on BF at the time asking everyone to lay it on the line. I hate the way some people make out that they're all geniuses after the event. There were a few against getting Rawlings but the overwhelming sentiment was pro-Rawlings.
    Exactly, at the time it was. We had the choice of taking Stevens or Rawlings and we were looking for that elusive power forward so took Rawlings.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep remember that. Fairly sure I was pro-Rawlings at the time. Just dazzled by the thought of getting a big key forward. People forget that at the time he was the best contested mark in the game. His body let him down and Hawthorn knew it was coming which is why they wouldn't give him the contract he wanted. The Rawlings trade wasn't a bad idea but the Koops and Street episode was a debacle.

I am pretty sure I didn't want Nick Stevens in the PSD either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Yep remember that. Fairly sure I was pro-Rawlings at the time. Just dazzled by the thought of getting a big key forward. People forget that at the time he was the best contested mark in the game. His body let him down and Hawthorn knew it was coming which is why they wouldn't give him the contract he wanted. The Rawlings trade wasn't a bad idea but the Koops and Street episode was a debacle.

I am pretty sure I didn't want Nick Stevens in the PSD either.
    I was cautiously Pro-Rawlings, but what I really wanted was to keep pick 6 and take Fergus Watts.

I notice that Watts was delisted today. Rawlings post-Hawthorn still achieved more than Watts did.

I'd give Watts another chance (unless attitude or his broken leg is an issue).

Post Thanks / Like

I was cautiously Pro-Rawlings, but what I really wanted was to keep pick 6 and take Fergus Watts.

I notice that Watts was delisted today. Rawlings post-Hawthorn still achieved more than Watts did.

I'd give Watts another chance (unless attitude or his broken leg is an issue).
    I was pro-Rawlings but I think the thing we were all stupid about was that he really had never been a forward. And even for a guy with a bad knee he never seemed particularly fit with us.

I thought after Gehrig left that Watts would get a much better go at being a key forward for them. When did he break his leg?

Post Thanks / Like

Early this season.

And I too was all for Rawlings. Didn't know that his knees were buggered.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.