Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Build a Dogs forward line for 2008

I still hold some hopes for Minson as a forward. He's got a decent leap when his body is ok and his contested marking improved a bit during the year (and I reckon can improve quite a bit more, there's certainly room for improvement).

Depends a bit on our game-plan and the role he's asked to play imo. He has looked a bit lost before and apparently doesn't have much sense of where to run, but he's v keen to learn and if given a fairly simple role to begin with could be ok. His skills when the ball hits the ground are quite good (he gave off a great handpass in a flash earlier this year after cleanly gathering a half-volley at some pace). He'd also be able to put the fear of dog into a few defenders as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    I still hold some hopes for Minson as a forward. He's got a decent leap when his body is ok and his contested marking improved a bit during the year (and I reckon can improve quite a bit more, there's certainly room for improvement).
    I hope you are right but from what I have seen he is a poor mark for someone his size.If the ball hits the ground opposition teams will run the ball out quickly as well.
    As you say he has plently of improvement that hopefully the coaches can extract.I have my doubts tho.

Post Thanks / Like

It's worth having a crack at!
    Did he play FF or CHF much at Werribee this year? I cant think of where he played :S

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McMahon#23 View Post
    He's taken a few on the lead, he's nothing outstanding, but he has gone forward at times and snagged a goal.

He needs a lot of work in the position, but no reason why he can't learn. He is a bright lad.
    Yes, he's probably one of our smartest players in a general sense.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Yes, he's probably one of our smartest players in a general sense.
    and has some aggression which we lack in the forward line ( and every where else.) If he can control the aggression then he could work out. If I was a small forward I would be hanging around his feet.

Post Thanks / Like

Very much a forward who will need time to develop

I believe his kicking for goal has improved enormously since he came to the club. If he can get his body right and get really fit, he should be able to find a bit of it in the air.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Has Minson ever shown any qualities of a forward eg leading and marking?
    In a game against the Blues in 2006 the scores were level at three quarter time and Minson came out and kicked 3 goals as a leading forward to set up the win, so there is potential there.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'