Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Crameri Waits Til End of Season

We have apparantly tabled a better and longer offer!!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-0...-tight-for-now

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crameri Waits Til End of Season

By my ignorance, it would have to be $2.2m over 4 years, at minimum. Pricey.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    When the best forwards in the game are commanding upwards of $800K you'd think the next rung would have to be around the $600K mark, wouldn't you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    When the best forwards in the game are commanding upwards of $800K you'd think the next rung would have to be around the $600K mark, wouldn't you?
    3 x leading goalkicker at his club, definately worth much more than the AFL average (~$300k pa)

I actually think Jack Riewoldt at $800k is better value... but we have a truckload of cap space and are looking for a forwardline. The next hurdle (if he agrees) is a suitable trad e- Essendon are not exactly fantastic to trade with
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Probably. But this is a Generational decision. There are no big FF's this year for $800k. But there might be in the next three years. If we commit $600k to Crameri for 4 years, that rules us out of having the cash to get a $800k FF.

So I guess it's a question of dealing in the now and what we know, or, holding out. Bird in the hand stuff.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

He is shorter than Stringer, will be 25 at the end of this week. His great goal kicking totals, 34, 32 and 28 this year. Averages 5 marks and 14 disposals a game. (same as Grant)

No thanks, does not look like a power forward to me.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Where does the 2.2m over 4 come from? I haven't read anything other than the link in the OP - but if Essendon are offering 2 years - then who is saying we are offering 4?

I'm not as fussed with the money - seems we have plenty of room, and players in the market for a trade inevitably end up overpaid - but 4 years is too long a commitment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Where does the 2.2m over 4 come from? I haven't read anything other than the link in the OP - but if Essendon are offering 2 years - then who is saying we are offering 4?

I'm not as fussed with the money - seems we have plenty of room, and players in the market for a trade inevitably end up overpaid - but 4 years is too long a commitment.
    I recall $500,000 a year, three years for some reason. Will look for old article now.

EDIT: Herald Sun reported our (old) offer was $450,000 and three years two months ago, but it was probably not going to get the deal done. Callum Twomey suggested he could get $1.8m over 4 years in his opinion. So my assumption, is 4 years and $500-$550,000 to get him.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind him as a player but not at the coin proposed. He's an upgrade on Dickson but won't become the key forward panacea in our forward line. I think we have a couple of 25-30 goal a season mid-sized types in our forward line already (namely Dickson and Grant), not to mention Stringer who also fits that mid-sized mould. I'd personally not go through with that offer. By all means make sure Essendon have to pony up more cash to hold onto him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He is shorter than Stringer, will be 25 at the end of this week. His great goal kicking totals, 34, 32 and 28 this year. Averages 5 marks and 14 disposals a game. (same as Grant)

I just checked his stats also. He is older than I thought he was.

I'm not completely against it....but I really hope we aren't going big money & very long term for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Im not a fan,
    the games Ive seen him play he only looked average.
    Not a great attitude portrayed either.
    Hope we don't get him..he won't be the answer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I just checked his stats also. He is older than I thought he was.

I'm not completely against it....but I really hope we aren't going big money & very long term for him.
    Herald Sun 2 months ago said Essendon offering $1.15-ish over 3 years. So we'd need to be a fair bit more.

Not worth it. Not what we need. IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he is well worth it. A better player than Gumby or Jesse White. Good hands, good speed, good kick. Not the messiah but a very handy boy.
    I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, how good is this...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Of course not - he's a hard leading high forward that would allow Jones to play closer to goal, his preferred position. His net effect on structure would be fantastic.

He is a gun pure and simple - only issue is what it would cost at the trade table.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to have perpetual lower leg problems, or am i imagining that?