Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Libba Snr - Open Mike 9.30 Tonight

Looks like a good un tonight.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Libba Snr - Open Mike 9.30 Tonight

They're going to go right into the 97 prelim. Don't know if I can handle it. Too soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Loved it.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Libba presented very well
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Disappointed to be honest. Wish Mike would have spoken more about all the good Libba did on the field and for our footy club. Not just focused on the negative.

Libba is a revered at our club for a reason, he is a member of our team of the century for a reason and there is a reason his footy jumper went for 48k. We love the bloke and just wanted Mike to show others the reasons why!
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Disappointed to be honest. Wish Mike would have spoken more about all the good Libba did on the field and for our footy club. Not just focused on the negative.

Libba is a revered at our club for a reason, he is a member of our team of the century for a reason and there is a reason his footy jumper went for 48k. We love the bloke and just wanted Mike to show others the reasons why!
    Agree with this Slim.

I have enjoyed the Open Mike series to date and credit to Mike. Whether it is to do with the limited ~25min time slot or not there is too much time of late being devoted to delving into each guest's apparent flaws and weaknesses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post

Mike Sheahan is not exactly President of the Tony Liberatore Appreciation Society.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll preface this that I've only seen the first 10 minutes.
    Thought it was way over the top with the negative stuff.
    Had a better year in 91 I thought, when he won the B+F.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike should had made more of a mention that he had won:-
    Morrish Medal 1984
    Gardiner Medal 1986, 1988
    Brownlow Medal 1990
    Charles Sutton Medal 1991
    No else has done it or ever will.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately by going over the top a few times (ex knights incident) towards the end of his career and in the tagging days, he was seen as the bad guy by non bulldogs people.
    Much like Steven Baker, Ryan Crowley and any other tagger.

Post Thanks / Like

Was Libba serious when he stated that other teams feared him, Dimma and Romero? I can understand that opponents may not have liked playing against them...but feared? Really?

As for the overall interview, I thought there was enough positive content covered including his comeback from his kneee injury, his brownlow and how he made a successful career after being delisted by North Melbourne. Unfortunately there is always going to be more focus on the more controversial aspects and let's face it, Libba did some pretty dodgy acts that just can't be fobbed off as something from another era.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Unfortunately by going over the top a few times (ex knights incident) towards the end of his career and in the tagging days, he was seen as the bad guy by non bulldogs people.
    Much like Steven Baker, Ryan Crowley and any other tagger.
    Would it not have been a better interview if Mike had shown Joe Public a different side of Libba, instead of rehashing the same old issues.
    For me he did not touch enough on Libba the father, his pre survival football mode, his many accolades and his reconciliation with the Doggies.

Denton would have had him in tears.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched it this morning. I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would - I loved Libber the player and 1997 remains my single favourite footy year prelim be damned.

The reason I don't series link Open Mike is he simply seems to ask about all the stuff we already know about rather than try and get any other stories out of the subjects...I guess the format is limiting but every time I watch I feel like the subject had so much more to offer.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I watched it this morning. I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would - I loved Libber the player and 1997 remains my single favourite footy year prelim be damned.

The reason I don't series link Open Mike is he simply seems to ask about all the stuff we already know about rather than try and get any other stories out of the subjects...I guess the format is limiting but every time I watch I feel like the subject had so much more to offer.
    The best one was Capper, very funny and made a mockery of the questions, but like you rarely watch it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The best one was Capper, very funny and made a mockery of the questions, but like you rarely watch it.
    "Peter Knights....he was a good guy, I liked Knightsy - but he couldn't coach a pig to be dirty".

Very funny the Wiz. Raving lunatic.