Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best 22/Round 1 team

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    He's probably got the dreaded OP, but I'm just speculating.
    Now thats not good.

Is it a make or break year for him this year?

Post Thanks / Like

He's probably got the dreaded OP, but I'm just speculating.
    That's untrue. Dylan had a leg infection due to a pretty bad cut he got in his leg while playing for Werribee. He was told to take the last few weeks of the season off to allow it to properly heal. He has been back in full training for 2 weeks now with the focus on increasing his 'motor' and upper body strength.
    Last edited by Mantis; 15-10-2007 at 10:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    That's untrue. Dylan had a leg infection due to a pretty bad cut he got in his leg while playing for Werribee. He was told to take the last few weeks of the season off to allow it to properly heal. He has been back in full training for 2 weeks now with the focus on increasing his 'motor' and upper body strength.
    Thanks, as I said I was just speculating. It seemed like an injury that was being managed, and so often with young players running harder than they ever have, its OP.

Glad to hear he's back in full training. If he can improve his decision making, motor and strength, he'll play a big part this coming year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Also, with McMahon gone we may indeed need another driving, running player from the backlline, however Griffen should really be moving more in the midfield direction next year, for if he is ever to become a dominant midfielder in the future (which is very possible given his great talent) we need to blood him early.
    Instead I would try Addison in the McMahon role, he certainly plays a similar, running style.
    This is where I disagree.

IMO Griffen put too much pressure on himself in 2007 - I think we are best to take the pressure off him and settle him on a half back flank and give him spells on the ball/midfield (similar to the way the Crows did for a number of years with Goodwin). At this stage of his career his best footy has been at half back.

Addison will get opportunities as a rebounding defender - and like Billy Blogger I'm also a big fan of the way he goes about it. If he is fit and confident then I think he could be a really important part of the backline.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    This is where I disagree.

IMO Griffen put too much pressure on himself in 2007 - I think we are best to take the pressure off him and settle him on a half back flank and give him spells on the ball/midfield (similar to the way the Crows did for a number of years with Goodwin). At this stage of his career his best footy has been at half back.

Addison will get opportunities as a rebounding defender - and like Billy Blogger I'm also a big fan of the way he goes about it. If he is fit and confident then I think he could be a really important part of the backline.
    It is a tough one with Griffen. It does make sense for him to go back and just concentrate on getting himself back up himself as a dominant running defender. At the same time its now his 4th season and if we want him to develop as a midfielder then at some stage we are going to have to pump some games into him in those positions even if it doesn't benefit the team. Still has alot to learn IMO despite his prodigious talent.

You cant help but like the way Addison goes about it but he has a long way to go. Needs to improve in almost every area. Dont think we will be banking on him to come in and replace Mcmahon or Griffen.

lukedarcy14 Guest

Could maybe Farren Ray slot into a defensive running role?

lukedarcy14 Guest

Yeah i feel he would also add the excitment and really get the crowd going up pump motivation, He is talented and i would of been shattered to see him traded (As the rumours said)

Post Thanks / Like

yea Fazza might be able to do the job, while also adding some extra spice to our rebound footy from defense, I think a young player willing to take 'em on is the way to go.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Given Dean's recent comments and now that we have Welsh and the pre-season injuries to Skipper and Gia, would your selected teams change much?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have a crack.

Morris, Harris, Williams
    Hargrave, McDougall, Gilbee
    Akermanis, West, Griffen
    Murphy, Welsh, Boyd
    Higgins, Johnson, Hahn
    Hudson, Cross, Cooney
    Ray, Giansiracusa, Everitt, Minson.

Eagleton, Callan, Addison etc next in line. Hope I didn't forget anyone!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have a crack.

Morris, Harris, Williams
    Akermanis, West, Griffen
    Murphy, Welsh, Boyd
    Higgins, Johnson, Hahn
    Hudson, Cross, Cooney

Sounds right. I think Gia and Callan will fight out a spot with injuries

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have a crack.

Morris, Harris, Williams
    Akermanis, West, Griffen
    Murphy, Welsh, Boyd
    Higgins, Johnson, Hahn
    Hudson, Cross, Cooney

Pretty good effort.

Would put Ray on the wing, Aker on HFF and Boyd on the bench.

I also think Welsh will play closer to goal rather than across half forward.

Personally I would have Harbrow as next in line if he didn't make the best 22 which I think he does.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty good effort.

Personally I would have Harbrow as next in line if he didn't make the best 22 which I think he does.
    Agree that Harbrow would be stiff to miss out but who would you drop out of that 22 for him? Obviously depends a lot on how the rest of the pre-season goes doesn't it. If Harbrow goes well I might sneak him in ahead of Gia if he isn't fully fit.

I'd also have Everitt as a back pocket with Williams or McDougall starting on the bench.

Post Thanks / Like

B: Addison Harris Hargrave
    HB: Griffen Williams Morris
    C: Ray West Gilbee
    HF: Boyd Murphy Hahn
    F: Johnson Welsh Akermanis
    R: Hudson Cooney Cross

I: Eagleton, Everitt, Higgins, Minson

Giansiracusa underdone, Callan might be better placed to step into the backpocket than Addison but I am really keen to get Dylan in the side.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty good effort.

I completely overlooked young Harbrow, silly me. I think he'll be unlucky to miss out, but at this stage I don't know who I would squeeze out for him.

I think Boyd is too important to start on the bench.