Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Justin Cordy

Tony Guest

Re: Justin Cordy

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    I am sure this has already been covered somewhere but is it true that this season our fitness and conditioning was looked after by the guy that Geelong sacked last year and pretty much blamed for its poor season?
    This is quite correct. At the end of 2006 we picked up Cameron Fallon, who was sacked from Geelong.

On a personal note, since his inclusion at the club I do not think we looked any where as fast as the previous two season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    This is quite correct. At the end of 2006 we picked up Cameron Fallon, who was sacked from Geelong.

On a personal note, since his inclusion at the club I do not think we looked any where as fast as the previous two season.
    I started to notice that this year although I thought we were very quick in 2006.

If we could sacrifice some speed for a bit more size and strength it might be good for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to WOOF Tony.

Do you think we lost speed, or other sides just figured us out and we couldn't use whatever running/speed we had?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Tony Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I started to notice that this year although I thought we were very quick in 2006.

If we could sacrifice some speed for a bit more size and strength it might be good for us.
    Yea, either we were slower or everyone else got faster and we stayed the same. With regards to Cameron Fallon though, from what I understand his methods do not focus a lot on leg strength and I would have said this year we did not seem to be able to stand up in tackles or break them as easily. As for upper body strength I am not sure there was a huge improvement.

Also from what I understand some of the playing group are not very happy with his methods.

Tony Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Welcome to WOOF Tony.

Do you think we lost speed, or other sides just figured us out and we couldn't use whatever running/speed we had?
    Thanks Dry Rot.

I think if we have a look at the teams that improved a lot this year, you can see some of the play on at all costs football we played at the end of 2005 and the 2006 season. Yet again I think injuries to key players at certain points in the season hurt us but, as I said in my previous post I am not convinced the current fitness program implemented by Cameron is working.

Post Thanks / Like

I think if we have a look at the teams that improved a lot this year, you can see some of the play on at all costs football we played at the end of 2005 and the 2006 season. Yet again I think injuries to key players at certain points in the season hurt us but, as I said in my previous post I am not convinced the current fitness program implemented by Cameron is working.
    I'd wait a little before fully believing either way with fitness programs. The players seem to be fairly into going off that article on the www.afl.com.au site today.

Post Thanks / Like

Just giving the link for the piece on the dogs website about our fitness program.

It'll obviously be awhile before we can judge its effectivness but good that we've had relatively few post-season ops this year, and I find the idea of a fully fit Cooney pretty exciting.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/De...2&newsId=52643