Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whitnall in the PSD, Yay or Nay?

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    The biggest nay I've ever issued on this one!
    Im with the Doctor

Whatever games are invested in Whitnall should be given to Tiller, Everitt, Williams, Wight etc to see if they have key forward talents

Post Thanks / Like

Watts could be worth a look at.

Still young, good mark/kick. Had a few injuries. I'd at least invite him down to make an assessment.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

How did his degen. knee condition come about? Is it just a case of a small knock that flared up or was it always going to happen?

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard the question of Whitnall put to Rocket a couple of times, and he has responded with an emphatic NO. I would be very surprised if we looked at him, even though he will come dirt cheap.
    Crumbs!

Post Thanks / Like

No.

Rocket has said he wont draft anyone that can't physically offer a 3 year commitment to the team. Not sure where that puts teh Brad Smith rumours, but I don;t want Whitnall at the club.

My whispers tell me wthout the off field dramas he could have been nursed through a final season, he was a 50/50 prospect without them.

Post Thanks / Like

Whitnall could still give a team great value, he didnt win the Carlton B + F in 2006 for nothing, but the reality is that we're not the team that's going to take him - Eade's comments say it all.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firstdogonthemoon View Post
    His sister-in-law seems pretty scary. If she's available, she might be a good defensive combination with Harris.

Just make sure you invite her kids to the zoo.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Um, Whitnall? I say no way. Everyone has said we've rejected him and I AM GLAD.
    No, I dont think he's got enough left in him.

Post Thanks / Like

No.
    No to his fitness, no to his knees, no in general. Big no.
    Plus, i dont know if we stock large enough guernseys to fit him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    No.

Rocket has said he wont draft anyone that can't physically offer a 3 year commitment to the team. Not sure where that puts teh Brad Smith rumours, but I don;t want Whitnall at the club.

My whispers tell me wthout the off field dramas he could have been nursed through a final season, he was a 50/50 prospect without them.
    This worries me a little. I see little point in picking up a guy with buggered knees who was playing WAFL (albeit kicking bags) and passing on Whitnall who was playing AFL. If they both have buggered knees there doesn't seem to be any point in pcking either and if you were going to pick one you'd pick Whitnall for mine simply because he is more likley to be able to play at the highest level.

That said.....its a no from me. Would previously have been interested, but not with a degenerative knee condition. If we are going to pick up guys in the PSD then Brennan (assuming he's around), Watt's would be the way I would go.....although what about Cousins?? Are WCE going to sack him?