Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: All Australian side

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    A lot of knock on Will is his lack of influence around the ground
    Goldstein has the same weakness.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hughy31 View Post
    Very good year for mine
    Libba should be in for Josh Kennedy ( Swans)
    Josh Kennedy? The number one for contested Possessions?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Have a look at the forward line. 6 key forwards in the squad when in reality you need just Cameron and Roughead. Riewoldt doesn't deserve to be there and the Eagles Josh Kennedy is very lucky
    Have to disagree on Nick Riewoldt. He was outstanding this season. Should be Centre Half Forward in the team.

Post Thanks / Like

The All-Australian side continues to perplex me. Bob Murphy has been just as damaging this year and last year as he was in 2011, when selected. I forget the year that Dale Morris was selected in, but it wouldn't seem that his form has dropped away since. Contrasting that is Corey Enright's continued selection despite showing no clear supremacy over other half-back options - year after year.

Anyone who has watched Pearce Hanley's game lately will know that he's now the most damaging outside runner in the game and deserves to be in the squad beyond doubt.

Libba's non-selection is just absurd, an absolute travesty. The best clearance count in the AFL, not just for this year, but for the last 5 years. People are throwing up a few names but for mine David Mundy has not got anywhere near All-Australian standard, Luke Hodge the same. Those two, and others (but more marginally), should be making way for the best inside midfielder in the competition. It makes be think that the coaching staff have intervened, maybe thinking that Libba's ego might inflate. I recall he didn't receive a rising star nomination either, yet probably would have finished top 5 in that year had he been nominated.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck to Will and Ryan tonight - I think they will get in.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Good Luck to Will and Ryan tonight - I think they will get in.
    In my biased opinion they make it easy and in my unbiased opinion they make it easy = they make it easy

Post Thanks / Like

Griff on the wing. Now for Minno.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Well done boys!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Great effort.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

And Minno now in, terrific results for both players and the club.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Have to disagree on Nick Riewoldt. He was outstanding this season. Should be Centre Half Forward in the team.
    So you would have him ahead of Cloke, Cameron and Roughead?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah for Minno. Griff was a no-brainer; great to see they went the right way in the ruck. Hugely deserving and opposition supporters don't generally understand the workload he's had. Great, great stuff for the smartest stupid person on the field!! (Sic). Really pleased for both!

Post Thanks / Like

I am wrapped for both but more pleased for Will. Ryan has been pure class since he started, he has stepped up another level this year. Will has done it the hard way, many said he was not up to it, Rocket's last year he could not even get a game when Huddo was dropped. Will has shown a lot of people they were WRONG. Congrats to Ryan & Will well earned and deserved reward for all your hard work. Real exciting times ahead with 2 AA and all the young emerging talent. Go Dogs !

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting Luke Darcy's comments at the function... If Rocket was still there Will would have been moved on...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Very happy for both Griff and Mino. Well deserved. They have had great seasons.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"