Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs to Farewell Crossy

I always find the stars finishing up fairly unemotional. It's the meat and potatoes players leaving that really make me feel upset. You can identify with them a little easier and see their anguish when a more talented player gets the better of them. Crossy would just grit his teeth and go harder next time and harder again the time after that.

A little part of the clubs soul will be finishing up on Saturday and I hope the younger players understand their obligation to continue Crossys legacy.

Lastly I would wish him well in his future endeavours but it will cut deep to see such a true red white and blue champion in another clubs colours. Don't do it Crossy!

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Crossy on a memorable career with the doggies. Such guts and determination.I was lucky enough to be at the GM when Crossy received his life membership. His speech was heart warming and I remember my eyes welling up when Daniel said how much he loved the Club and the supporters. I will never forget that night.

Post Thanks / Like

Dougie went through the same problem, and back then I had two allegiances for the year he played with the Lions.

May have to secretly follow Crossy as a second team next year as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Class act. If he doesn't find another club at AFL level, I hope to see him running around with our VFL side at WO next year.

Although I think GWS would be mad not to nab him.

Post Thanks / Like

Has been a great warrior who got the very best out of himself.

I know its a business and all that and we are moving in differing directions, but it doesn't sit well with me that such a loyal servant has been shown the door... Not sure how you get around it, but the feelings remain.

A Ford Guest

I think it's the right decision but I don't understand why we would sign Goodes or Lower for next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Plus best of Cross here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Daniel. You are an inspiration. I hope you go to GWS because you will be needed and appreciated. PLease return to the Dogs and pass on your culture to the to this young developing side.

Post Thanks / Like

What a fantastic servant you have been for us Crossy, like oters The selfish side of me does not want you playing for another club. You have earned the right to do whatever you decide and no one will begrudge your decision. A true gentleman to boot.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolute respect for Crossy. One of my all time favourite Bulldogs for the way he conducted himself and his unquestionable courage and work ethic. He absolutely got the most out of his talent.

It will be very sad to see him pull on another club's colours but I do believe that the club has made the right call on this one. We have so many other players who can player a similar role but are much younger and have larger upsides.

We can't have all our senior players leaving at the same time. We need to spread the load over the next few years. I do hope that Gia goes around again.

Post Thanks / Like

Sheer class from Crossy.
    Whilst it's sad to see him go, I applaud the club for making the decision. We can not continue to be a benevolent society that allows our champions to stay on the list because they are good blokes.
    I hold nothing against Daniel if he decides to play on and is taken by another club, but as soon as he hangs up the boots, we must do everything we can to get him back to Whitten Oval in a coaching role.
    Congratulations Daniel and Thank You on behalf of all of us.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Ford View Post
    I think it's the right decision but I don't understand why we would sign Goodes or Lower for next year.
    12 months back, Cross looked like being a spent force and we had a playing list crying out for some experience and depth.

I understand why we wanted them
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Crossy you will always be a red white and blue star good luck mate .
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Plus best of Cross here
    Thanks Bornadog, Daniel is the hardest I have seen and that video will be a reminder for me for a long time.

Sunday will be a sad day, we will miss him dearly.

Post Thanks / Like

Tough decision but the right one.