Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2013 AFL Finals Series

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Was going to post the same thing myself.
    It happened, collingwood gonski

Post Thanks / Like

Screw Boyd. Move heaven and earth and get The Chad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Oh man Matt *!*!*!* Spangher.

One time my girlfriend dragged me out to drinks with her sister and her boyfriend, who happened to be a Xavier old boy. He got to pick the place, and naturally we ended up at a place full of Old Xavs who were naturally a fair pissy off dad's coin.

Anyway, about halfway through the worst beers of my life, Spangher walks in, and all of the Xavier cockheads fall over each other to fellate him. "OMG IT'S MATT SPANGHER YOUR (correct spelling btw) A XAVS LEGEND IM GONNA BUY YOU A BEER" "NO I WANNA BUY HIM A BEER", and so on.

After all this shit, I eventually got introduced to him. We had a little chat, about footy, a little bit otherwise, I thought he was a good guy. I had to go to the bathroom, and in which time I was gone, he basically tabled to my girlfriend that she had to bang him because he played AFL and he was a gun player, as he described himself.

Yeah, !*!* Matt Spangher
    A friend was doing some work at the electoral office and said they got a call from Matt Spangher a few weeks ago, asking to be made private on the electoral roll because he's a "public figure". Mate, nobody knew who you were until last night!!

Wingard and Wines were outstanding tonight. Matthew Lobbe has had an excellent last month. Can't see them getting past next week, but gee it was fun to watch the Pies get spanked!!

Post Thanks / Like

When Wingard kicked that goal out the back in the dying minutes, I was up on my feet in my loungeroom and kicking it with him. Great game. Great result, x2 today.

Post Thanks / Like

Was at the G tonight and boy I was impressed by the Power they have a exciting future ahead of them.
    Got me thinking that I can see Us Doing what they have done this year Next Year.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't seen both games but gee some media types have the proverbial egg on face this week.
    Very disengenous saying port and Freo had a " free swing" this week.
    Never a free swing , it's a friggin final

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Haven't seen both games but gee some media types have the proverbial egg on face this week.
    Very disengenous saying port and Freo had a " free swing" this week.
    Never a free swing , it's a friggin final
    I missed this tonight but great to see the result. Eddie has to learn its one week at a time instead of whining last week about a 6 day break and having to travel too Freo
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Watched both games some observations.
    Pies butchered it and were to be frank slack in their efforts.
    How on earth did Wingard not get recruited by GWS?
    Coach of the season Kenny Hinkley.
    Eddies 6 day break call is looking rather silly ( shut up Ed)

Ross Lyon is the best coach in the business( every player has a role and they adhere it to a tee)
    Sandilands was huge in that last term( in every sense)
    Funny seeing Stevie J, master of the cheap shot complaining to the umpires.
    I hope we're not mentioned as a potential suitor for Walker at Geelong.
    He is useless. The outrage on Mark Harvey's sacking must seen an eternity ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Eddie got what he wanted — a six month break.
    I don't think it's any coincidence at all that the two of the most parochial and arrogant teams in the land got theirs handed to them. They might both learn some real humility, not the type you tell an adoring media about. The barracking for the Pies last night on the telly from the commentators was disgraceful, and even more so the eventual backtracking once realisation set in.

Great result for footy, and confirmation, to me anyway, we have the finest game in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Well yesterday was maybe my favourite non-Bulldogs footy day of the year.

Sandilands was unbelievable in that game. The defining factor which won Freo the game. Fyfe and Barlow worked brilliantly underneath him. Brutally tough game of footy. The Cats will be sore on 6 days following that but should still have enough to get over Port.

I was on my feet in the last quarter as Port kicked those last few goals. Huge effort. Can't believe Buckley left them to have a loose man in the backline nearly the whole game. It killed the Pies.
    Anyone else watch the continued development of Jasper Pittard last night and think what if? Half-back with pace and excellent foot skills.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

I've barely watched a non-Bulldogs game of football all year but sat engrossed for both games yesterday. Two of the best games of the year, played at a frenetic tempo with relentless pressure.

Freo have the goods and are even money to win the flag, IMO.

Port were immense and have some really good young talent. Wingard started slowly, but worked his way into the game before finally breaking it open. Hinkley pantsed Buckley. Port's defensive structures were perfect all night and caused Collingwood to cough it up repeatedly.

We should take heart with Port's progression. We're good enough to get to their level very soon.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Loved watching the pies fans streaming out of the MCG in the last quarter. Brought back fond memories of a similar sight back in 2006.

Post Thanks / Like

How's Ollie Wines? I heard he was gutted to be sent to Port after the draft. Great to see him enjoying his footy. He's a thumping kick and will probably be a blue chip midfielder.

Watching Angus Monfries and Heath Shaw go at it was like watching two of your least favorite school bullies slug it out.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Loved watching the pies fans streaming out of the MCG in the last quarter. Brought back fond memories of a similar sight back in 2006.
    Thought exactly the same thing.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post

Sandilands was unbelievable in that game. The defining factor which won Freo the game.
    Geelong have had ruck issues all year and the whole Blicavs/ Vardy / West thing has played out like a bad soap opera. None of the three are good enough and it is as simple as that. For all of the talk about their recruiting and development program the have been very poor in this area...I say they beat Freo in the finals last year and yesterday if they have Mumford.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.