Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2013 AFL Finals Series

I'm loud and proud hater of Ruchmond.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Me too, the team I hate the most.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Me too. Told me Richmond supporting mate all week that Carlton would run over an the only person in the top 10 at work to tip them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Think people are being a little harsh on some Richmond players, namely Brett Deledio who we would be very fortunate to have playing for the Doggies.
    Agreed, but I think it's more a product of reputation/unrealised talent v output/work rate. Bane of the no.1.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Think people are being a little harsh on some Richmond players, namely Brett Deledio who we would be very fortunate to have playing for the Doggies.
    I see in Deledio a player who can be devastating when given latitude, but whenever any serious defensive work is put into him he has caved in time and again throughout his career. September is not the place for players who struggle with defensive pressure and a lack of time and space.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I see in Deledio a player who can be devastating when given latitude, but whenever any serious defensive work is put into him he has caved in time and again throughout his career. September is not the place for players who struggle with defensive pressure and a lack of time and space.
    Exactly. Supposedly a gun midfielder (which he can be when middle of the road teams choose to tag someone else), but when the going gets tough he gets thrown behind the ball where he juices his stats with little behind the back receives from a player who's actually won possession. All the while his team is getting murdered out of the centre.

As a $250K HBF that adds a bit of polish but is just a role player, he'd be nice to have. As a blue chip midfielder he is the ultimate downhill skier.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

And that's why I reckon Fremantle are going to give the Dawkers a massive shake. Can't wait for GF day, if it's Freo vs Hawks as predicted we're going to have an absolute classic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Exactly. Supposedly a gun midfielder (which he can be when middle of the road teams choose to tag someone else), but when the going gets tough he gets thrown behind the ball where he juices his stats with little behind the back receives from a player who's actually won possession. All the while his team is getting murdered out of the centre.

As a $250K HBF that adds a bit of polish but is just a role player, he'd be nice to have. As a blue chip midfielder he is the ultimate downhill skier.
    My favourite Deledio "padding the stats" tactic is to kick it to himself half a dozen times when kicking out after a point.

Really surprised that Foley was dropped - coupled with Concha going down early (who has been in fine form lately) and Martin doing his customary disappearing act after half time, it left an awful lot to rest on Cotchin's shoulders. By contrast, Judd and Gibbs were magnificent in the 2nd half with their stoppage and clearance work in the middle. Even Robinson was massive - he's a bit of a spud but he has some good tools for finals footy.

Post Thanks / Like

My favourite Deledio "padding the stats" tactic is to kick it to himself half a dozen times when kicking out after a point.
    And those that live and die by the stats sheet will look him and say "well he got 20 odd touches, he did his job".

Post Thanks / Like

And those that live and die by the stats sheet will look him and say "well he got 20 odd touches, he did his job".
    Exactly what the post-game wrap stated, 'Deliedo had 26 touches and was a tireless worker for his team...'
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what Richmond think now of Dustin Martin's contract demands?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    And that's why I reckon Fremantle are going to give the Dawkers a massive shake. Can't wait for GF day, if it's Freo vs Hawks as predicted we're going to have an absolute classic.
    Have Freo not tried in their last 3 meetings?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Exactly what the post-game wrap stated, 'Deliedo had 26 touches and was a tireless worker for his team...'
    Wow, that's just scary. It just goes to show how little of the game those covering it actually watch.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of stats, in 2011 (ish?), Deledio had the lowest clearance rate of players who had participated in a certain number of centre bounces.

This not only shows that he is not an elite centre square player, but THE WORST centre square player in the L. And he has hardly improved his work in this area since.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

What good half-back doesn't give their lesser skilled teammates the option to handball? Bob Murphy has been doing this for years, and to good effect.

Club champion awards have to mean something, don't they? Usually the stat haters love the best and fairest. Lids has won 2 in bottom 8 teams. Richmond have been too often travelling uphill to have downhill skiers win best and fairests.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'