Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Sutton name to be enshrined at Kennel

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/ne...ined-at-kennel

Western Bulldogs President, Peter Gordon, has announced that the Club is working to establish a dedicated Community Football Centre at Victoria University Whitten Oval – to be named in honour of Bulldogs Legend, Charlie Sutton.

Speaking at the Western Bulldogs' Charles Sutton Medal, Gordon said there was a significant opportunity for the Club to invest in the next stage of the development of Victoria University Whitten Oval – to further expand its use for footy in the west.

“The Charles Sutton Precinct will ensure that Whitten Oval will be further transformed into a mecca for community footy – for VFL competition, for juniors footy, women’s footy and local footy in Melbourne’s west,” Gordon said.

“Boosting the infrastructure to competition standard will enable the Western Bulldogs' VFL team, the Footscray Bulldogs, to play at the ground - also supporting the proper training and development of our younger players.

Gordon said the Club would name the new centre in honour of one of the foundation legends of the Bulldogs’ Hall of Fame, Charles Sutton, with a statue of Sutton watching his beloved Dogs to form a key part of the project.

“We want to do something special to recognise Charlie’s legacy for the generations of players to come.”

While the Bulldogs expect to play a handful of VFL games at Victoria University Whitten Oval next year, further investment in the current facilities is required to ensure more games are played there in the future.

Gordon also announced that the Club would include a one off contribution from members as part of their 2014 membership package, to support the further development of Victoria University Whitten Oval.

“We need your help to build the critical infrastructure needed to return footy to Whitten Oval and to also ensure we have the facilities required to develop our future champions.” Gordon said.

The members’ contribution is purely voluntary. All members will be able to easily choose to have the contribution removed from their membership package by contacting the Club.

Gordon said that if members wanted to give more by making a greater donation, a grateful club awaits.

“You will be helping to secure the future at the Whitten Oval of the Club that is part of your family and part of who you are,” Gordon said.

“Western Bulldogs 2014 members will also be inaugural members of the Footscray Bulldogs. This means members will be able to attend all of the Club’s VFL home games.”

“Donations can be made by contacting the membership department at the Club on 1300 46 36 47.”

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sutton name to be enshrined at Kennel

Great to hear and well earnt

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Sutton name to be enshrined at Kennel

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/ne...ined-at-kennel

Gordon also announced that the Club would include a one off contribution from members as part of their 2014 membership package, to support the further development of Victoria University Whitten Oval.

“We need your help to build the critical infrastructure needed to return footy to Whitten Oval and to also ensure we have the facilities required to develop our future champions.” Gordon said.

The members’ contribution is purely voluntary

You've got it Peter.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem here

Post Thanks / Like

Are the club going to allow members to contribute with their membership renewal?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Are the club going to allow members to contribute with their membership renewal?
    I think it's something you have to opt OUT of if you don't want to contribute.

Post Thanks / Like

I am all for making the voluntary contribution but I'm not sure about having to opt out of a 'voluntary' contribution. Sounds a bit dodgy/misleading to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I am all for making the voluntary contribution but I'm not sure about having to opt out of a 'voluntary' contribution. Sounds a bit dodgy/misleading to me.
    Off on a tangent here and not trying to hijack this thread but it is a subject very close to my heart. I often wonder why there is not an "opt out" on organ transplants rather than an "opt in". Unfortunately Australia has one of the lowest rates in the world. Just putting it out there for all to think about.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. North did the same thing though, even with auto renewals.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Off on a tangent here and not trying to hijack this thread but it is a subject very close to my heart. I often wonder why there is not an "opt out" on organ transplants rather than an "opt in". Unfortunately Australia has one of the lowest rates in the world. Just putting it out there for all to think about.
    I am with you on this
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has the option of opting out . I understand people have financial constraints, and I don't think the club will be pushy on this .

Post Thanks / Like

I think the club has sat down and made the decision based on whether or not they think people will actually call up to opt in or not. I wouldn't call it misleading — they can set the price of the membership to anything they like, really, it's their product — and if anything, they're doing a good thing by making it voluntary and therefore memberships more affordable to those of us in the community that might not have the spare coinage. As I said, they could have gone down the line of, “We need to build facilities to increase our onfield success, blah blah blah, and so we're raising the price of a membership.” This year, of the Victorian clubs, only the Saints and Essendon didn't raise their membership prices. The Bulldogs have the second-cheapest membership behind Collingwood.

Add to this complimentary Footscray VFL membership with the AFL one…

Post Thanks / Like

Do we have a ball park figure on what the figure might be?