Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mad Monday strikes again (not us)

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Is that Rich? He looks like Sir Lancelot.
    It's not Rich. It's a Tyranosaurus Rex

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HairyMidget View Post
    What you are saying is true and I have seen it. However a wheelchair can't be misinterpreted, it's pretty obvious.

Don't start me on wheelchair stories. People pushing in front of them, snide remarks about favouritism, problems with access...
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

It is sad, but I see it as more their problem than anything. I was at Highpoint one day when a woman stated abusing us. She was trotting out all the names and swearing and carrying on. Then she went to pay and the shop assistant said "if you think your money is welcome here then you've got another thing coming" and told her to leave the shop. It reaffirmed my faith in human nature.
    Love stories like that.

A mate of mine used to work at the Reject Shop. A mate of his had just had surgery on his wrists and had some scars that liked a bit like a heroin addict's tracks. A customer started abusing him, calling him a druggie and all sorts of other names.

The Duty Manager comes over and says "Listen here you stupid bitch. Put your money back in your wallet and get out. No one talks to my people like that."

Post Thanks / Like

Don't start me on wheelchair stories. People pushing in front of them, snide remarks about favouritism, problems with access...
    Nor me!
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Nor me!

What's your perspective about all this Andrew?

Likely to be blown out of proportion or something that happens with drunks and bogan dickheads?

Post Thanks / Like

What's your perspective about all this Andrew?

Likely to be blown out of proportion or something that happens with drunks and bogan dickheads?
    I don't understand your comment and if you are having a dig at Andrew? Either way I think he is in a position where his comments would be accurate.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I don't understand your comment and if you are having a dig at Andrew? Either way I think he is in a position where his comments would be accurate.

No, not having a dig at all. I'm genuinely interested in Andrew's views.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea how you have taken it as a dig at Andrew. Honestly I read the comment back 10 times trying to look for a possible way that it could be taken incorrectly and couldn't find it.

He is simply asking him for his opinion

Post Thanks / Like

No, not having a dig at all. I'm genuinely interested in Andrew's views.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I have no idea how you have taken it as a dig at Andrew. Honestly I read the comment back 10 times trying to look for a possible way that it could be taken incorrectly and couldn't find it.

He is simply asking him for his opinion
    I didn't take the question as anyone having a dig at all, no harm done in the slightest. As for the question, well, I can imagine (unfortunately) this sort of thing going on - mix alcohol with bogans/dickheads and you do get some pretty poor behaviour. It's never happened to me personally, at least not with a physical act as has been alleged here, but I have experienced some pretty ordinary language and comments from drunken idiots in such circumstances. And it's not right for it o happen to anyone, let alone someone who is more physically vulnerable than others.

So, I'd be absolutely appalled (as im sure most would be) if the allegations were to be proven true, but I'm willing to see if any more facts come to light.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    So, I'd be absolutely appalled (as im sure most would be) if the allegations were to be proven true, but I'm willing to see if any more facts come to light.
    I alway believe there are two sides to every story so at this stage we haven't heard the other side.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.