Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Recruit TV Show

Apparently AFL and Foxtel setting up a reality TV show for non AFL or state league players.

Players will have an official AFL draft in September and clubs will have 3 picks each on these rookies.

This is live on Foxel now, more to come.

www.fox8.tv
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Recruit TV Show

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Apparently AFL and Foxtel setting up a reality TV show for non AFL or state league players.

Players will have an official AFL draft in September and clubs will have 3 picks each on these rookies.

This is live on Foxel now, more to come.

www.fox8.tv
    My mate has been used as the "model" for the promo and intro to the program. That was only this week so I am backing its months off starting.

Post Thanks / Like

What happened to this. Vlad announced it and I've heard nada since. Anyone know anything?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Last thing I heard was Voss was announced as a part of the show..think that was in November.

Post Thanks / Like

The registrations have only just closed so I doubt there is anything to report. I would assume it will air during the season so would be at least a few months away.

Post Thanks / Like

As strange as the concept is, it should make for some interesting viewing if nothing else.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure the soccer equivalent show did not unearth any major player. I'm sure that this show will be no different.

I can't see how the producers of a TV show will do any better at recruiting a future star than the AFL and club systems

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure the point isn't to unearth a star.

The point is to make an x-factor style show that appeals to men and will rate. They'll get a lot of advertising dollars from deodorant and Gillette and stuff.

If the player turns out to be good he'll probably be signed up as a tv personality to the station and stuff.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Starts July 16 on Fox 108

http://www.fox8.tv/shows/the-recruit
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Starts July 16 on Fox 108

http://www.fox8.tv/shows/the-recruit
    That's not the show Demetriou plugged hard last year, I wonder why it's changed. I'm not being negative.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure the whole series has already been filmed. Was a trial match behind closed doors at Adelaide Oval a few weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    That's not the show Demetriou plugged hard last year, I wonder why it's changed. I'm not being negative.
    This seems a bit more practical. One player to be selected rather than 50 odd. Or am I missing something?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    This seems a bit more practical. One player to be selected rather than 50 odd. Or am I missing something?
    I agree, I didn't understand how the original and heavily spuiked version was ever going to work but when AD and the head of Foxtel Sport sell it I believed they thought it through passed my grasp. This always seemed the way it would work like the round ball football version of the show... Did Collingwood get the rights to the recruit on their list/s?

Post Thanks / Like

The white kid with the short hair in the promo looks familiar but i can't quite put my finger on his name.

Post Thanks / Like

A young fella named Yohan Wagner supposedly dominated in the match at Adelaide Oval