Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  32
Page 49 of 111 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast

Thread: Crameri

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crameri

Is Essendon accept our offer of pick 22. We should say no, actually we are only offering pick 38 now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    Is Essendon accept our offer of pick 22. We should say no, actually we are only offering pick 38 now.
    That would only make us more petulant than them. I understand your sentiment, they're a shit of a club to deal with!
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Brendan has seen something in Crammers, much as Shannon Grant did in Tory Dickson. Essendon think perhaps Brendan will influence the recruiting team to pay overs.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 10-10-2013 at 01:38 AM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Let's put a different spin on things.

We have bemoaned our club's trading culture over the years, because we've been too easy to deal with.

We bemoan EFC's trading culture because they are too hard to deal with.

EFC has drafted poorly over many years (last decade or so), albeit having finished in the mid table. They have not won any finals.

WB have drafted OK over the last decade or 15 years, and lost 3 prelims.

Would we have been in a better position, or worse position over these last 15 years if we had have taken EFC's stance, or the one we took (from a trading perspective)?

I've always been extremely puzzled about the concept of Dodoro being a list and recruiting manager for as long as he has. To me he seems like a guy with a directive to not trade and develop through the draft, without the ability to develop through the draft. Or another thought, maybe player development under Sheedy was shit (like we're seeing at GWS now) and James and Bomber are picking up the slack.

It's easy to pick on Dodoro, but seriously, this is a club that has been prettty shit for a lot of reasons over the last decade or so. I wouldn't be surprised he's acting under instruction (and always has been).

Post Thanks / Like

I've bemoaned us because we have been too eager to trade, not because we are easy to trade with. The only exception to that was Lake.

I liked our deals with WC, Sydney and Brisbane in the past as we are giving up something for players we value that is fair and reasonable.

Oh I and think you are kidding yourself if you think player development at GWS is shit. It amazes me how often people forget what happened just 1 season ago and everyone saying GC should sack the coach as their development is shit and they have stagnated.

And every time I read Dodoro i think of Pororo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I've bemoaned us because we have been too eager to trade, not because we are easy to trade with. The only exception to that was Lake.

I liked our deals with WC, Sydney and Brisbane in the past as we are giving up something for players we value that is fair and reasonable.

Oh I and think you are kidding yourself if you think player development at GWS is shit. It amazes me how often people forget what happened just 1 season ago and everyone saying GC should sack the coach as their development is shit and they have stagnated.

And every time I read Dodoro i think of Pororo
    We'll see with GWS. I think they would have been much better placed without Sheedy in charge. That's all. I really think he's a wanker and not as good as he's made out to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    We'll see with GWS. I think they would have been much better placed without Sheedy in charge. That's all. I really think he's a wanker and not as good as he's made out to be.
    Of course Sheedy is shit, that's why Essendon got rid of him - he was clearly out of touch with how to relate to Gen X and the game plan had stagnated long ago. Sheedy didn't go to GWS as head coach, not really, he had a directive to do as much media as possible and show up at training and match day and make a dumb speech during the intervals of a game. Choco and Cameron are / were the drivers and that's why they're there. Sheedy is a purely a logo, a brand name to facilitate growth of the game in Sydney's outer-west. GWS players are being developed the right way by good people.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not entirely sure Sheedy has little influence. How would I know?

I wouldn't have him anywhere near my football club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Of course Sheedy is shit, that's why Essendon got rid of him - he was clearly out of touch with how to relate to Gen X and the game plan had stagnated long ago. Sheedy didn't go to GWS as head coach, not really, he had a directive to do as much media as possible and show up at training and match day and make a dumb speech during the intervals of a game. Choco and Cameron are / were the drivers and that's why they're there. Sheedy is a purely a logo, a brand name to facilitate growth of the game in Sydney's outer-west. GWS players are being developed the right way by good people.
    Are you sure about Williams? I think Sheedy had more say than your giving credit for. Why else would Williams leave the Giants when a senior job was there for the taking and take up a development role at Richmond?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

A snippet from the Age:

the Swans will trade Shane Mumford to Greater Western Sydney reasonably cheaply, given the Giants could acquire him for nothing using the pre-season draft.
    This will leave the Giants number 1 pick in the PSD uncommitted and opens up the chance of them taking Crameri if he ends up there. Hopefully Essendon come to their senses and we can get a deal done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    A snippet from the Age:

This will leave the Giants number 1 pick in the PSD uncommitted and opens up the chance of them taking Crameri if he ends up there. Hopefully Essendon come to their senses and we can get a deal done.
    Essendon will take pick 22 before they let Crameri go to the PSD, unless we withdraw the offer.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Are you sure about Williams? I think Sheedy had more say than your giving credit for. Why else would Williams leave the Giants when a senior job was there for the taking and take up a development role at Richmond?
    Because he was annoyed as he was guaranteed the job after 1 season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Because he was annoyed as he was guaranteed the job after 1 season.
    I guess that proves my point, Sheedy had a massive say in what happened at GWS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I guess that proves my point, Sheedy had a massive say in what happened at GWS.
    Oh come on everyone knows that it's Vlad not Sheedy who pulls the strings at GWS and of course Vlad wanted Sheedy to stay on over Choco.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/d...306-1uied.html

Sheedy has had little to do with the management of anything since he got there except get on the media and say stupid things. As I said he's a brand name but now the real stuff starts for them.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Oh come on everyone knows that it's Vlad not Sheedy who pulls the strings at GWS and of course Vlad wanted Sheedy to stay on over Choco.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/d...306-1uied.html

Sheedy has had little to do with the management of anything since he got there except get on the media and say stupid things. As I said he's a brand name but now the real stuff starts for them.
    Oh, come on, everyone but me believes that.