Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  32
Page 53 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast

Thread: Crameri

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crameri

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    SuperFooty (AFL) ‏@superfooty
    32m

Connors confident Crameri will land at the Bulldogs... will go to the pre-season draft unless Dons-Dogs can finalise a deal.
    Great news.
    Pretty confident we will pick him up, so do we just give them a ultimatum and deadline and move on to the next task ?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Connors on TR - on Cram
    "I would have thought we will have it sorted on the last day of trade (Friday week)".....
    "Pick 22 has been offered, Jmac and Dodoro have been in many talks back and fourth"...
    "Cram will go into the draft if need be, he won't got back to the club".
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Last minute....pfft. Tossers. Maye at the last minute we trade 22 for Docherty and get Crameri in the PSD. 1 x egg 1 x face = beautiful result.
    It's like a rejuvinating therapy for rekindling my anti-bombre sentiments. Tossers.
    I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, how good is this...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGentStand View Post
    Last minute....pfft. Tossers. Maye at the last minute we trade 22 for Docherty and get Crameri in the PSD. 1 x egg 1 x face = beautiful result.
    It's like a rejuvinating therapy for rekindling my anti-bombre sentiments. Tossers.

I started disliking them earnestly again when Hird took over. The smugness was breathtaking, it was oozing out of every oriface of their club.

I fully expect a fluff piece soon featuring Bomber and his childhood teddy called Stuart Crameri.
    Last edited by Twodogs; 11-10-2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Someone else's fault.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Hang up the phone Brendan. Don't waste your breath. Get him in the PSD. Idiots. 22 is overs.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic, Crameri wants to play for the Dogs only. He seems like a really good character having come through as a rookie, working hard. BMac and he are close, he will straighten us up, add strength, can kick goals, can teach the young ones and take pressure off them and he's not a dickhead, 190cm and can run. That has to make a serious difference.
    Withdraw the offer of 22, we owe the Bombers nothing, they're playing hard ball like they always have with us, why give it when we can get him in the PSD and we need desperately to recruit to compete with the likes of the expansion clubs and their preferential treatment in years of drafts, the big 4, cheats and otherwise, Sydney, Franklin and Tippet megadollar beneficiaries. Don't give 22 to the Bombers, they'll only spend it on drugs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Yep give the scum nothing; zilcho; knicks.
    I just hope we've taken 22 off the table and put forward the option of 38 or PSD.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I just hope we've taken 22 off the table and put forward the option of 38 or PSD.
    Agree , when you try and conduct a fair and reasonable outcome and you're treated with contempt (like you should no your place)we should not accept being treated poorly

Post Thanks / Like

I can't see GWS or Saints taking him. Paul Roos I can't see taking someone he knows wants to be at another club. But who knows. Maybe talk to the 3 clubs off the record.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    I can't see GWS or Saints taking him. Paul Roos I can't see taking someone he knows wants to be at another club. But who knows. Maybe talk to the 3 clubs off the record.
    Roo's will have to take someone and imagine not to many players would want to end up at the Dee's.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure Melbourne could afford him? They've got $1.0mill tied up into Clark already don't they? Ask Stu to march into the PSD with a large enough number attached to year 1 and we'd surely be exceedingly confident he gets through. The closer it gets to a possiblity the more I've thought it through. GWS have shown good faith with their players so unlikely to change colours for Crameri and he doesn't fit the Saints recruitment model they are showing at the moment or they would've kept McEvoy. I'd be very confident in the PSD model but not ideal to put Stu through that if it can be avoided.

Post Thanks / Like

We should let him go in the PSD and look at getting other players with 22 bugger them, don't they realise we aren't going to hang on to 22 until the last day and have to quickly take someone if they say no?
    Let them watch us use our picks in other trades and realise they get what we have left or nothing.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I don't subscribe to the 'Withdraw our offer & let him walk into the PSD' view being espoused. The PSD is drought with danger; quite simply 3 clubs have picks before we do & whilst we don't think they will pounce, you just don't know & that type of scenario is not in our interests or Stewarts.

He's clearly conveyed his desire to play for us, we owe it to him to do a deal, take uncertainty out of the question & have him training with us at the earliest possible opportunity.

Essendon have no interest whatsoever in Crameri leaving via the PSD, therefore what we're currently seeing is a game of brinksmanship. I personally think pick 22 (slightly downgraded due to free agency compensation) is about right given the contract off we've put to him.

Walking away from a trade in the hopes he'll get to us via the PSD may, on the surface appear to be a nice way of saying 'up yours' to Essendon, but not good business practice in my view.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with that TCD. As much as I'd like to get him for free I don't want to risk losing a player who genuinely wants to play here to another club in the PSD. Leave our 2nd round pick on the table for the entire period, if they don't take it then PSD is our only option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    I don't subscribe to the 'Withdraw our offer & let him walk into the PSD' view being espoused. The PSD is drought with danger; quite simply 3 clubs have picks before we do & whilst we don't think they will pounce, you just don't know & that type of scenario is not in our interests or Stewarts.

He's clearly conveyed his desire to play for us, we owe it to him to do a deal, take uncertainty out of the question & have him training with us at the earliest possible opportunity.

Essendon have no interest whatsoever in Crameri leaving via the PSD, therefore what we're currently seeing is a game of brinksmanship. I personally think pick 22 (slightly downgraded due to free agency compensation) is about right given the contract off we've put to him.

Walking away from a trade in the hopes he'll get to us via the PSD may, on the surface appear to be a nice way of saying 'up yours' to Essendon, but not good business practice in my view.
    Well said TCD.