Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  32
Page 4 of 111 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Crameri

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crameri

Reports are saying ASADA are ready to go with seven now, with more to follow.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

If we get an Essendon player and they cop a suspension after the fact, that's our fault. If we buy into their saga we must accept the consequences. I'd hate to (wouldnt) stake my AFL professional career on Essendon players being exonerated completely.

Funny the thing about risk. Many don't like the idea of an immature kid in Garlett but will happily accept buying an expensive player who may be banned for years for WADA doping offences.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    Given that they are thinking only 7 players will be charged, it must be that those 7 took something specifically illegal. So the only question with regard to Crameri is - did he take it? He would know, and if weve talked to him, so would we.

Personally, I think a mature, big-muscled player like him would be unlikely to have been on illegal muscle-building stuff. More likely to be skinnier, younger types on the chopping block.

Just talkin through my hat
    Not to sure, he may have an idea but if the players are to be believed they have no idea what they were injected.
    I do agree though with his build it is unlikely he was a subject.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If we get an Essendon player and they cop a suspension after the fact, that's our fault. If we buy into their saga we must accept the consequences. I'd hate to (wouldnt) stake my AFL professional career on Essendon players being exonerated completely.

Funny the thing about risk. Many don't like the idea of an immature kid in Garlett but will happily accept buying an expensive player who may be banned for years for WADA doping offences.
    It's only a risk if we assume the club will make a trade for Crameri without taking into account any likely ASADA implications. I think it highly unlikely the club would sign off without due diligence.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope this doesn't end up a right royal cock-up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    It's only a risk if we assume the club will make a trade for Crameri without taking into account any likely ASADA implications. I think it highly unlikely the club would sign off without due diligence.
    The issue could be though we draft Crameri, miss out on another trade or overlook his type in the draft and then have him taken away.
    Any compensation we would receive would likely to be the next season.
    IMO it is still worth the punt.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Hope this doesn't end up a right royal cock-up.
    The last thing we want to do is contract a player who is under a cloud from these investigations. Whilst I believe Crameri would be a worthwhile signing (if he did not have the ASADA investigation hanging over his head) I am very sceptical in having any dealings with Essendon until the final ASADA outcome is delivered.

One would hope that the club has undertaken its due diligence in regards to this matter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    If today's reports are to be believed the infraction notices will be issued straight after the grand final, long before any trade deals get done.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

They rate punctuality

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    If today's reports are to be believed the infraction notices will be issued straight after the grand final, long before any trade deals get done.
    Do you think someone from the AFL might leak the information prior?....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    TBH I expect there to be plenty of leaks on "slow news days"

There are massive public service cuts to come in the next budget, and departmental/agency heads like having media exposure as some sort of case to approach Ministers to spare them the axe. It's all about building profile and anything that gets ASADA's name in the paper will no doubt be looked upon favourably by ASADA themselves.

I'm fairly certain we will know Crameri's status before the trade perido starts
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Nah couldn't see that happening
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    The issue could be though we draft Crameri, miss out on another trade or overlook his type in the draft and then have him taken away.
    Any compensation we would receive would likely to be the next season.
    IMO it is still worth the punt.
    Yes but what I'm getting at is I think it extremely unlikely we ( or any other club for that matter) would sign off on a trade until the club has certainty about any possible ASADA action.

Post Thanks / Like

ASADA stuff will be done before the trade period, they are saying the Monday after the grand final.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    ASADA stuff will be done before the trade period, they are saying the Monday after the grand final.
    I wonder what will happen to players loyalty if they see their mates/brothers suspended or facing long bans. Will either further galvanise the group or fracture a few.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023