Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  32
Page 6 of 111 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Crameri

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crameri

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    It's only a big call if the trade is made prior to knowing ASADA's intentions.
    There is no way our club is going to make a trade without knowing what ASADA are doing.
    Yep - Media are reporting the week after the Grand Final for infraction notices to be served. We'll know at that point, well before trade week.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Yep - Media are reporting the week after the Grand Final for infraction notices to be served. We'll know at that point, well before trade week.
    Just for shits and giggles, what if ASADA clears him but WADA make media comments saying they will seek infraction notices in court if need be.

Then what?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Just for shits and giggles, what if ASADA clears him but WADA make media comments saying they will seek infraction notices in court if need be.

Then what?
    Could “if” till the cows come home.

When I think of Crameri missing a year, I think of Ben Cousins. Sure, he wasn't Cousins of old, but that could've been attributed to his lifestyle catching up with him more than anything else. I do remember him coming back looking incredibly muscled.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Could “if” till the cows come home.

When I think of Crameri missing a year, I think of Ben Cousins. Sure, he wasn't Cousins of old, but that could've been attributed to his lifestyle catching up with him more than anything else. I do remember him coming back looking incredibly muscled.
    Cousins was an elite brownlow winning mid with a point to prove. And he was nothing like the player he was, not close. That example doesn't make me feel better. I am happy to go with the captains pick, but if and it is IF, is there's any risk, I don't see such an upside for taking it (risk/reward).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rooner17 View Post
    Just got some mail from close to the Crameri camp....he is coming to the dogs.
    That's good news. Yeah we desperately need some one up forward who is reliable to get our goals. How do you see Macca now getting Crameri he will structure the forward line.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Question is, if ASADA means to give standard 6 month bans out, will the AFL point out to them that due to the seasonal nature of our competition, 6 months during competition equates to a 12 month ban, rather than a 6 month one.
    Will this influence ASADA's thinking on penalties? Or will ASADA and the AFL sit down together and agree to allow the AFL to set the penalties subject to ASADA's ok?

I think there is a lot more 'political' water to flow under the bridge before this mess is sorted out.

Post Thanks / Like

Cousins was an elite brownlow winning mid with a point to prove. And he was nothing like the player he was, not close. That example doesn't make me feel better. I am happy to go with the captains pick, but if and it is IF, is there's any risk, I don't see such an upside for taking it (risk/reward).
    Again he was also 30 years old when he came back.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Cousins was also 30 with 200+ games of AFL football behind him. Crameri is younger & has a heap less AFL wear & tear. I'm not saying we should do it but there's not really an apples for apples comparison anywhere I can think of.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Again he was also 30 years old when he came back.
    True, but I look at the comparison with all the previous players named, comparing them to before and after.

Cousins, Watson, Lockett, Dew etc, at best they were 75% of their former performance.

75% of Crameri's best is not worth the risk, hassle or pick 22.

Let's just hope ADADA and WADA clear him and this is a moot point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Cousins was also 30 with 200+ games of AFL football behind him. Crameri is younger & has a heap less AFL wear & tear. I'm not saying we should do it but there's not really an apples for apples comparison anywhere I can think of.
    True, I'm struggling to find an apples for apples comparison... Not too many doping suspended 25 year old have returned to play in the AFL

Post Thanks / Like

Let's just hope ADADA and WADA clear him and this is a moot point.
    Ha, now we want Essendon players cleared
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Ha, now we want Essendon players cleared
    Only if they want to play for us, otherwise stuff them!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    That's good news. Yeah we desperately need some one up forward who is reliable to get our goals. How do you see Macca now getting Crameri he will structure the forward line.
    Imagine a forwardline that looks like this;

Grant, Jones, Crameri
    Dahlhaus, Campbell, Stringer

Rotating through....Gia, Dickson, Hrovat, Higgins, Hunter, Stevens

That starting line-up would test most sides matching up with the combination of height and pace. Jones, Crameri and Stringer are all tall, mobile with good hands. Campbell is the monster in the square and Dahlhaus and Grant are the crumbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Would like Patton down there too if I'm allowed to be greedy

Post Thanks / Like

Would like Patton down there too if I'm allowed to be greedy
    the land of the Giants
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.