Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  32
Page 9 of 111 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Crameri

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crameri

Pick 1 ? Giving it up for Tom Boyd I assume you mean?

Higgins was pick 11. 100 gamer and 25 with a bit of class. Exactly what they need. They get pick 4 back. We get a lump of KPF who's played five minutes of football and have pick 9 to mitigate some risk.

Pick 1 has nothing to do with this deal. The suggestion that it's heavily weighted in our favour is wrong imo as you stated to BAS. I think most on here are smart enough to look at both sides.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting Stevo on game day says Crameri is now 50-50 and has cooled off from our offer a bit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I can't see GWS giving up a pick 1 and a pick 9 for a pick 4 and Higgins. In that instance Higgins is rated as close to a top 10 pick which is way overs.

At best it would be Patton and 21 for pick 4 and Higgins.

You're only looking at that from a Bulldogs perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post

Higgins was pick 11. 100 gamer and 25 with a bit of class. Exactly what they need. They get pick 4 back. We get a lump of KPF who's played five minutes of football and have pick 9 to mitigate some risk.

Pick 1 has nothing to do with this deal. The suggestion that it's heavily weighted in our favour is wrong imo as you stated to BAS. I think most on here are smart enough to look at both sides.
    I can only assume GVGjr missed that you didn't include pick one in your scenario.

I actually think it is a fairly balanced trade. One of the few balanced one's that have been put forward.

GWS get a ready made player (albeit injury prone) another top 5 draft pick which they can then on trade for more experience player (s). We get a highly rated (albeit injury prone) young KF plus most importantly we get back into the draft - which is vital as we are still rebuilding - we must not forget this.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post

Pstton was a pick 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Patton & 19 for Higgins & 4. Plus any unused 3rd or 4th round picks as a sweetener.

Deal.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    Pstton was a pick 1.
    Ah, now I see where GVGjr was coming from.

Apologies GVGjr - and he is right it is very bulldog favoured.

My bad
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I can't see GWS giving up a pick 1 and a pick 9 for a pick 4 and Higgins. In that instance Higgins is rated as close to a top 10 pick which is way overs.

At best it would be Patton and 21 for pick 4 and Higgins.
    I agree, a 5 pick downgrade for a genuine Gorilla forward is ludicrous. Higgins' currency must be low considering his injury is similar to that which ended Egan's career - and Egan didn't have a littany of injury-plagued seasons beforehand.

Would anyone here accept Griffen and Pick 4 for pick 1? Heck no.
    Some are anti-Gumbleton because he's "too injury prone" yet he's played almost every game this year at either AFL/VFL level.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I agree, a 5 pick downgrade for a genuine Gorilla forward is ludicrous. Higgins' currency must be low considering his injury is similar to that which ended Egan's career - and Egan didn't have a littany of injury-plagued seasons beforehand.

Some are anti-Gumbleton because he's "too injury prone" yet he's played almost every game this year at either AFL/VFL level.
    He might have played seniors and mostly reserves and has showed he isn't good enough at the higher level.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    He might have played seniors and mostly reserves and has showed he isn't good enough at the higher level.
    And Patton is almost completely unproven at senior level and has had an ACL. I'd offer them Higgins, Wood, Williams & pick 22.

Post Thanks / Like

What is wrong with everyone?

There is nothing I hate more than 'supporters' getting pissed off at guys like Brian Lake and Nathan Brown leaving, then looking to do deals to get rid of players who don't want to leave the club (and in the case of Higgins, someone who is a very well respected club person).

Good player, good guy, good leader - he stays.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    What is wrong with everyone?

There is nothing I hate more than 'supporters' getting pissed off at guys like Brian Lake and Nathan Brown leaving, then looking to do deals to get rid of players who don't want to leave the club (and in the case of Higgins, someone who is a very well respected club person).

Good player, good guy, good leader - he stays.
    But but but......he has a deficiency! He doesn't chase as hard as other players, you know........

Higgins suffers from what Gia suffered from as a younger player, and that's unrealistic expectations from some sections of the supporter base. Certain players are allowed to have many areas of weakness in their games, seemingly some players aren't allowed to have one.

He'll always be a target to be shipped out for some supporters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    But but but......he has a deficiency! He doesn't chase as hard as other players, you know........

Higgins suffers from what Gia suffered from as a younger player, and that's unrealistic expectations from some sections of the supporter base. Certain players are allowed to have many areas of weakness in their games, seemingly some players aren't allowed to have one.

He'll always be a target to be shipped out for some supporters.
    I don't think Higgins is a scapegoat at all, at least not on this site. I think it's discrediting the quality of the posters we have to say otherwise.

The question marks hovering over Higgins' game are certainly valid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I don't think Higgins is a scapegoat at all, at least not on this site. I think it's discrediting the quality of the posters we have to say otherwise.

The question marks hovering over Higgins' game are certainly valid.
    They are of course valid, though he just seems to be judged more harshly because of them than other players are as a result of theirs.

If you think the expectations on Higgins in terms of output are reasonable from all on this site, then fair enough. Over the last three or four years I think I've read enough WOOF posts to form my own opinion on that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    And Patton is almost completely unproven at senior level and has had an ACL. I'd offer them Higgins, Wood, Williams & pick 22.
    Gumby failed a medical last season , and looks like a super rules player below his knees.
    Plenty of footballers have had ACL's and had long successful careers as well.
    The only reason I see Patton being unloaded is a dearth of tall forwards and a need for experience in their line up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    They are of course valid, though he just seems to be judged more harshly because of them than other players are as a result of theirs.

If you think the expectations on Higgins in terms of output are reasonable from all on this site, then fair enough. Over the last three or four years I think I've read enough WOOF posts to form my own opinion on that.
    I think most would agree that Shaun's output hasn't been anywhere near the potential we saw early in his career. Mainly injuries have curtailed his career and haven't really given him a decent run at it.