Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Life of Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Life of Brian

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    If he does get one will it mean as much? Will he feel the same mateship?
    Probably not, but at least he can say I sacrificed immortality at a club for a medallion and I got one. If he doesn't, well then it's a battle of competing regrets.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Probably not, but at least he can say I sacrificed immortality at a club for a medallion and I got one. If he doesn't, well then it's a battle of competing regrets.
    Yep, I reckon you're spot on.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

If Bwian doesn't get the medallion, I wonder if he will regret it?
    Not to sure he will care when he is counting his money.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Not to sure he will care when he is counting his money.
    I thought he took a big pay cut, plus was paying lawyers to not give Eagleton money?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much it.

I don't regard Lake one way or another as he plays for a club other than the Bulldogs. When he retires I'll look back fondly at him as a Bulldogs player.

Couldn't care less if he wins a premiership or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I don't regard Lake one way or another as he plays for a club other than the Bulldogs. When he retires I'll look back fondly at him as a Bulldogs player.
    I won't. He play for wees and poos now and he'll remain there after he retires. I've pretty much disregarded his time here since we moved him on. Bent us over and made us pay huge money to stay here. He then sulked after that and then took a pay cut to play elsewhere. Sorry, I just can't look back on him fondly at all.

Post Thanks / Like

His time was up with us.
    We're playing the long game, and Brian won't be around for our next challenge.
    Win/ Win situation for mine, and we'll enjoy watching Nathan Hrovat become a very good player

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    If he does get one will it mean as much? Will he feel the same mateship?

All things being equal I'm sure he would have loved a medal with us but in the overall scheme of things I don't think it would matter that much where he got one just as long as he does get one. After all he put a fair bit on the line to get it. It might not mean as much but it will still mean a hell of a lot to him.

I reckon Barry Hall would have treasured a medal more with us than his Sydney medal. After all he would have known that we actually earned it the hard way rather than getting every advantage the AFL could think of to get the team he played in his flag win over the line.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I won't. He play for wees and poos now and he'll remain there after he retires. I've pretty much disregarded his time here since we moved him on. Bent us over and made us pay huge money to stay here. He then sulked after that and then took a pay cut to play elsewhere. Sorry, I just can't look back on him fondly at all.

Don't forget that as a younger player he signed a long term contract on a fairly basic salary prior to getting that well deserved pay increase. Then after 2 years off that 3 year contract he took a pay cut to go to the Hawks. He could have held us to the high paying contract and contributed little on the field.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    His time was up with us.
    We're playing the long game, and Brian won't be around for our next challenge.
    Win/ Win situation for mine, and we'll enjoy watching Nathan Hrovat become a very good player
    Yup.

It was time, I don't think Brian would have been the best influence for the kids. It's a win all round and good luck to him next week.

He was a great player for us and a year to two at the hawks isn't going to change that.

Post Thanks / Like

As long as he remembers that if it wasn't for the Bulldogs he may not have been were he is today. At pick 71 he was just about over looked.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I won't be cheering him on next week. Now where did I put my lake voodoo doll.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I hope Brian has a ripper of a game next week, but it pains me to say it, I hope the Ross Lyon coached Fremantle get over the line.

Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd utter.

I can't see Sydney upsetting the Dockers tonight, and to be honest, Hodge, Franklin, Roughead, Sewell and Lewis could not be as bad as they were last night 2 weeks in a row so it all points to Brian being adorned with a medal around 5:00pm next Saturday.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to him. Hope he gets the medal and plays well.

Post Thanks / Like

Have fond memories of Brian working behind the bar at the Club. Was always friendly.

His best was better than any other player I've seen play for the Doggies. Could change a game from full back, I hope he can do it on the big Grand Final stage too.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'