Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Life of Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Life of Brian

Yeah good luck to Brian next week. He gave us years of quality service. We had our chance while he was here and we weren't good enough to make it. He's moved on, I've moved on, that's life, that's football.
    I hope Freo win though. Not because of Brian but because I want Hawthorn to be chokers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Yeah good luck to Brian next week. He gave us years of quality service. We had our chance while he was here and we weren't good enough to make it. He's moved on, I've moved on, that's life, that's football.
    I hope Freo win though. Not because of Brian but because I want Hawthorn to be chokers
    Agreed. I hope Lake plays a quirky blinder and Hawks play as bad as this weekend and Freo stop Hawthorn from adding to the absurd amount of premierships that they've won in my lifetime after being a club when I was young who had never won a flag, were as crap as their colours and had players like John Peck whose opponents woollen jumpers would end up looking like they had cobwebs all over them because they were covered in spit. They now have ex-players who have won five premierships. Give us a break for a couple of generations and not win another.

Post Thanks / Like

I wont be barracking for him as he bent us over for a long term contract at big bucks took 2 years off and then wanted to be traded

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hughy31 View Post
    I wont be barracking for him as he bent us over for a long term contract at big bucks took 2 years off and then wanted to be traded
    It goes both ways though. A few years back the coaches publicly questioned his heart and spirit in managing his comeback from injuries when in fact they later found out he had legitimate complications.
    He took it on the chin rather than sulk.

I'm glad he is doing well at the Hawks.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I hate Hawthorn with a passion as they are self indulgent flogs with a sense of entitlement that irks me like nothing else. I also despise Ross Lyon for the horrible St Kilda games we had to endure under his reign.

The only enjoyment I will personally get is if Brian plays ok. I like watching him play as he is not just another cardboard cutout footballer. He has also been very nice to my family in person when other players were less generous with their time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It goes both ways though. A few years back the coaches publicly questioned his heart and spirit in managing his comeback from injuries when in fact they later found out he had legitimate complications.
    He took it on the chin rather than sulk.

I'm glad he is doing well at the Hawks.
    An embarrassing chapter of that season.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry it be seen as resentful but I don't want to see him or Hawthorn win the flag I will be hoping for the pav to get the cream.
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Lake was my favourite player during his time with us. He papered over a lot of holes in our team and along with Griffen was one of the few players that played their best in the big games. I don't hold any resentment towards him and I actually think the trade was a win-win for both parties and something we'll probably more of going forward.

That being said I don't want Hawthorn to win the flag, not because I don't want Lake to win one, I just don't want his team to.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

There is another aspect of Lake going to Hawthorn and that is a quality player, a club stalwart walking from a less resourced club to a strong one that is a very good chance of a premiership. The uneven playing field. If he wins a premiership it is a precedent for free agency for the strong (Hawthorn, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon) to yet again be propped up by the rest of the competition. We have one of the strong four, Essendon defiling the competition despite their inherent strength and their subsequent responsibility to the code.
    So boo to the big four and boo to players from the Bulldogs or any of the non four, jumping ship to get a flag with the big four.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    There is another aspect of Lake going to Hawthorn and that is a quality player, a club stalwart walking from a less resourced club to a strong one that is a very good chance of a premiership. The uneven playing field. If he wins a premiership it is a precedent for free agency for the strong (Hawthorn, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon) to yet again be propped up by the rest of the competition. We have one of the strong four, Essendon defiling the competition despite their inherent strength and their subsequent responsibility to the code.
    So boo to the big four and boo to players from the Bulldogs or any of the non four, jumping ship to get a flag with the big four.

Couldn't agree more BIDS54.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done to Brian, was huge in the last quarter.

Wish he could have done it for us but it wasn't to be.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Now I'm gunna spew !!
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Now I'm gunna spew !!
    What a bargain, I feel like sitting in a shower and rocking back and forth.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

fml.

Post Thanks / Like

Didnt we end up with Hrovat and Stevens for him.
    The curse is dead.