Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kepler Bradley?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kepler Bradley?

Quote Originally Posted by juffa23 View Post
    I am another of the harsh critics of Kepler Bradley, but he has now been delisted, was a Top 10 pick only 4 years ago, and at the right age to show improvement for a player his size.

Due to being delisted he should come quite cheap and I can't really see a bunch of talls ahead of him in the queue to fill our forward 50.
    There is some sense if what you say Juffa, but Eade has preferred to fill our forward 50 with midgets than with tall guys who he does not think are up to it

I think Bradley is destined to end up back in WA, and its probably the reason Essendon delisted him

Post Thanks / Like

What I dont understand is that after the trade period Knights said they wanted a second round pick for Bradley but Freo were only prepared to give up a third round pick. So he has turned down a third round pick and then delisted a guy he claimed was worth a second round pick? I cannot comprehend this.

FWIW I have heard both Gary Ayres and Matty Knights say that his best position is as a lead up forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon have just shown how stupid they are by their failure to make a deal.

Bradley has copped a lot of derision since he started out and a lot of it unfairly. I have long held the view he was constantly played out of position with the Bombers. He is as much a centre half back as Doris Day.

It's arguable as to whether he is more suited to the forward line. He would have the abilty to pinch a goal or two as his height would place him at an advantage at times, but I doubt he would ever become a go to man. He doesn't have a lot of burst speed to get a break on his opponent. He tends to lope. Nor does he have bustling strength.

I think he is best suited to the role of a follower as he is an excellent reader of the play. He will lope around the field forever linking up and picking up plenty of the ball. He is a creative player and can set up play or distribute with accuracy around the ground. So to me a 2nd ruck type option would be his go. He would be good at running off his opponent and tiring them out. Then having a run up forward as a third tall.

I would go for him in the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like he'll be going through the national Draft and he wants to be a Docker, so I suppose we'd have to use our fourth pick to get him.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Essendon have just shown how stupid they are by their failure to make a deal.

Bradley has copped a lot of derision since he started out and a lot of it unfairly. I have long held the view he was constantly played out of position with the Bombers. He is as much a centre half back as Doris Day.

It's arguable as to whether he is more suited to the forward line. He would have the abilty to pinch a goal or two as his height would place him at an advantage at times, but I doubt he would ever become a go to man. He doesn't have a lot of burst speed to get a break on his opponent. He tends to lope. Nor does he have bustling strength.

I think he is best suited to the role of a follower as he is an excellent reader of the play. He will lope around the field forever linking up and picking up plenty of the ball. He is a creative player and can set up play or distribute with accuracy around the ground. So to me a 2nd ruck type option would be his go. He would be good at running off his opponent and tiring them out. Then having a run up forward as a third tall.

I would go for him in the draft.
    Doc, I'm with you. We could pick up a lot worse than Bradley in the PSD. Given we've just traded for a ruckman and are aiming to play Minson as a forward, it means that a guy like Bradley would be ideal. It would certainly mean our ruck stocks are bolstered for the next few seasons. The query is just how much he really wants to go back to WA.

One thing for certain, its been an interesting off season thus far with some quality in the PSD unlike previous years where it has generally been washed up players. There are potentially some good pick ups in Bradley, Watt's Brennan (maybe)......