74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

30 40.54%
  • No

44 59.46%
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Grant for Docherty: yes or no?

The Age reporting we have offered Jarrad for Docherty, or at least Brisbane exploring it.

Do you agree?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grant for Docherty: yes or no?

I have no idea who Sam Docherty is to be honest.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

I suspect it would include a pick/swap of picks.

I haven't seen enough of Docherty, but this one's line ball. I think Grant gets a hell of a lot more dangerous with Crameri in the same forward half, he's such a unique player and almost impossible to match up on when his work rate and intensity is at the level it reached late in the year.

Post Thanks / Like

No Boyd. No Patton. Gia on his last legs. Higgins and Williams can not be relied upon to be fit.

Our best forward in the last 1/2 of the year gone in this scenario too.

As good as Crameri is, I don't see him turning our forward line around so much that Jarrad is tradable.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

If he doesn't accept the contract offer put forward to him by the Club, yes. If he's keen for a longer contract elsewhere, good luck to him. If Grant wants to stay a Bulldog he needs to repay the faith shown in him over the last 7 seasons. Haven't seen much of Docherty but he by all accounts he sounds like Lindsay Gilbee 2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cricho54 View Post
    If he doesn't accept the contract offer put forward to him by the Club, yes. If he's keen for a longer contract elsewhere, good luck to him. If Grant wants to stay a Bulldog he needs to repay the faith shown in him over the last 7 seasons. Haven't seen much of Docherty but he by all accounts he sounds like Lindsay Gilbee 2.0
    This could be taken from bomber blitz.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Except Crammers has worked hard to drag himself off the rookie list and been a valuable contributor in Essendon's best 22. 3 time leading goal kicker, yet they aren't prepared to offer him a suitable, market value contract hence his desire to move to our club.

I haven't heard any inkling that clubs are throwing themselves at JG with long term deals and why would they? He's played a handful of consistently good games in 2-3 years. We are right to stand our ground for the time being.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

BACKGROUND
    • From the relatively untapped AFL recruiting area of Phillip Island in Victoria, Sam Docherty started playing local senior football as a 15 year-old.

• His 2010 pre-season was hampered after he strained the quadratus lumberum muscle in his back, and as a result he missed selection in Gippsland Power's TAC Cup squad as an underage player.

• He went on to represent the Power in 2011, and quickly became a star playing across half-back. He averaged more than 22 disposals per game (at 71.8% efficiency), and ranked second in the entire competition in mark from opposition kicks and rebound 50s.

• His style of play was likened somewhat to Collingwood's Heath Shaw, Carlton's Chris Yarran and even the Lions' own Jed Adcock.

• It therefore came as no surprise that he was selected in the backline of the 2011 TAC Cup Team of the Year. He also received the Gippsland Power's Most Disciplined Player and Trainer's Award.

• Despite being selected in Victoria Country's initial squad, Docherty missed selection in the opening games of the 2011 AFL National Championships. But he earned a late call-up in time for Victoria Country's match against Western Australia, and seized the opportunity with a best-on-ground performance.

• A late-season hip injury forced him to miss the final matches of the TAC Cup season, and meant he could not participate in the majority of fitness tests at the 2011 AFL Draft Combine at Etihad Stadium.

• Yet Sam's supreme skills had him at the forefront of every AFL recruiters' mind, and he was ultimately snapped up by the Lions with their second selection (Pick No.12 overall) at the 2011 AFL National Draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Big, big fan of Docherty. I think he's exactly what we need too.

Grant played a few really good games when he came into the side, then didn't do a heap after that. The same could happen next year as it did this year.

I'd certainly do the deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Because I'm okay with Grant moving on in the right circumstances or I'm vastly overrating Docherty? I simply meant he sounded a similar type to Lindsay, and it'd be a dream come true to have another player of his quality for the next decade.

Post Thanks / Like

Does he want to come to us that's the issue for me? I want Grant with us.

Post Thanks / Like

I would do it.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the look of Docherty. But also like the potential of Grant.

Hard one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post

Hard one.
    Doesnt that sum it up though... The potential of Grant.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post

Hard one.
    Same for me.

It has taken me 6 year's to finally come to like Grant as a footballer due to his form in the latter part of the season, and now he could be traded. I just hope he's not our x-factor we need and he ends up at another club. Tough call.
    Last edited by ratsmac; 10-10-2013 at 05:54 PM.