Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
I think he has some good attributes but I don't anticipate him being best 22 in a couple of years.

Physically he is very similar to Gia ie. Not very big and not very fast, therefore he has to rely on his smarts.

I don't think he is good enough at outbodying his opponent like Gia, and since he is limited to the forwardline I think he needs to consistently have a big impact on matches to justify his spot ahead of others. He isn't really a link player, and while he does push up the ground at times I think he isn't the best option for this.

By all means I think he is decent, and will probably kick more than 40 goals next season, but I think he is helped by getting one of the worst defenders every week (you would put your better defenders on Grant, Campbell, Dahlhaus and Gia before him). He does create opportunities for scoring but apart from set shots he isn't very accurate. He has a habit of kicking snap shots with the outside of his right boot which very frequently drop short.

Good solid player, but I think he will see others go past him in the next few years.
Agree with this...but if he kicks more than 40 goals next season then we have clearly under-rated him. I see him as a 25-30 goal forward at best. He has to get the 6th best defender though.

His habit of kicking with the outside of his boot exasperated me more than once last season.