Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lets discuss - Tory Dickson

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I think he has some good attributes but I don't anticipate him being best 22 in a couple of years.

Physically he is very similar to Gia ie. Not very big and not very fast, therefore he has to rely on his smarts.

I don't think he is good enough at outbodying his opponent like Gia, and since he is limited to the forwardline I think he needs to consistently have a big impact on matches to justify his spot ahead of others. He isn't really a link player, and while he does push up the ground at times I think he isn't the best option for this.

By all means I think he is decent, and will probably kick more than 40 goals next season, but I think he is helped by getting one of the worst defenders every week (you would put your better defenders on Grant, Campbell, Dahlhaus and Gia before him). He does create opportunities for scoring but apart from set shots he isn't very accurate. He has a habit of kicking snap shots with the outside of his right boot which very frequently drop short.

Good solid player, but I think he will see others go past him in the next few years.
    Agree with this...but if he kicks more than 40 goals next season then we have clearly under-rated him. I see him as a 25-30 goal forward at best. He has to get the 6th best defender though.

His habit of kicking with the outside of his boot exasperated me more than once last season.

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone see another player besides Tory winning our goalkicking aware next year?
    I'm expecting Tory to take it out.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Can anyone see another player besides Tory winning our goalkicking aware next year?
    I'm expecting Tory to take it out.
    Crameri
    Grant
    Jones

Post Thanks / Like

Campbell. Clutching at straws admittedly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Crameri
    Grant
    Jones
    Agree, Crameri and Grant would be short odds too.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Besides Gia, the most accurate set shot we have. Now our most mature forward, and his fitness base still has some ways to go. Has only had two preseasons at AFL level and one was interrupted.
    In short, we are yet to see the best of Dicko. The sort of 'handy' player who will shine in a stronger team.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Crameri
    Grant
    Jones
    Dahl - the forward opposition coaches will be most wary of.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Crameri
    Grant
    Jones
    2012 & 2013 - Gia had a higher goal average per game, Dickson was second both years.

Crameri will probably play higher up the ground than Dickson which may reduce his goal tally somewhat; Crameri at 1.88 goals per game would have won it in 2013 in Bulldog colours, although he was being fed by a more mature midfield.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I really rate Dickson and believe he can be a best 22 player for us next year and beyond. It's true the gap between his best and worst is too great, but we need to remember he's only played 30 games of AFL footy and has had niggling injuries and interrupted preseasons. He's a ripping set shot, works hard defensively and is one of those players who just knows how to find the goals. Working in a forward line with Campbell, Jones, Crameri and hopefully Stringer will benefit him enormously.

Post Thanks / Like

Dickson is a gun he spent his first year with us just getting used to the rigors of AFL, last year was building fitness and a tank, watch out next season.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Dicko is a small who can also present for a mark. He has added defensive pressure acts to his game. He has plenty of stamina. He is an accurate kick for goal. He averaged 1.5 goals per game last year including a memorable haul of 6 in a game.

Whats not to like?

Post Thanks / Like

Crameri
    Grant
    Jones
    Jones-your'e having a laugh?

Crammers
    Dicko
    Spindle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Dicko is a small who can also present for a mark. He has added defensive pressure acts to his game. He has plenty of stamina. He is an accurate kick for goal. He averaged 1.5 goals per game last year including a memorable haul of 6 in a game.

Whats not to like?
    Agree

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    Jones-your'e having a laugh?

Crammers
    Dicko
    Spindle
    You don't rate Jones. I get it already.

Post Thanks / Like

You don't rate Jones. I get it already.
    What role will Jones play in our side AR. Im more inclined to say his a CHF. Hopefully he'll have a ggod year next year or else he'll be another under scrutiny.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"