Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  19
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lets discuss - Tory Dickson

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    What role will Jones play in our side AR. Im more inclined to say his a CHF. Hopefully he'll have a ggod year next year or else he'll be another under scrutiny.
    Jones never looks comfortable close to goal but is much better when he has space to run and leap. He has enormous pace for a KPF and I'd like to see him use it roaming around high half forward. With an increased focus on Crameri and an improving Campbell I can also see Jones benefiting from being third man up in contests.

Post Thanks / Like

Going to help Jones immensely if and when Crameri comes in the side.
    Jones has defiencies that need to be addressed , but I wouldn't be putting a line through his name yet.
    Jones looked dangerous at times when the ball movement was quick and precise, but he has to become more defensive and get fitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Going to help Jones immensely if and when Crameri comes in the side.
    Jones has defiencies that need to be addressed , but I wouldn't be putting a line through his name yet.
    Jones looked dangerous at times when the ball movement was quick and precise, but he has to become more defensive and get fitter.
    His goal kicking is the area he needs improving. As we all know and have mentioned time and time again he is a great mark. If he can get that part of his game right he'll be a much better player than he is. Is Jones comparable to Cloke from Collingwood in some ways or is that a bad comparison.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    You don't rate Jones. I get it already.
    When people go in hard with Jones, I feel like trolling back into the archives to see who had written off J. Grant earlier in the year. I seem to recall a few ' he'll never make it' comments.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Dickson is a gun he spent his first year with us just getting used to the rigors of AFL, last year was building fitness and a tank, watch out next season.
    Lets not exaggerate please.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    When people go in hard with Jones, I feel like trolling back into the archives to see who had written off J. Grant earlier in the year. I seem to recall a few ' he'll never make it' comments.
    I think 99.9 % of posters wrote Grant off.

Still hasn't earnt the respect yet for mine, but Jones has been the main man in a crap team.

Post Thanks / Like

Still hasn't earnt the respect yet for mine, but Jones has been the main man in a crap team.
    Maybe not that high, but they were wrong anyway

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Would like to see another pre-season into Tory plus a more potent Bulldog forward line with Crameri's inclusion before passing judgment on him. He looked underdone coming into 2013 and looked too slow and lacking forward defensive pressure early in games. This was particularly evident in the first ~20 mins of the first and second quarters when there was more pace in the game. His skills are up to it and he could be of good value if he can lift his fitness level to the required level.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Maybe not that high, but they were wrong anyway
    Let's not exaggerate please.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Let's not exaggerate please.
    Its ok, I wasn't

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Jones never looks comfortable close to goal but is much better when he has space to run and leap. He has enormous pace for a KPF and I'd like to see him use it roaming around high half forward. With an increased focus on Crameri and an improving Campbell I can also see Jones benefiting from being third man up in contests.
    I'm worried about Jones' ability to play this role with a mediocre tank. He has good pace yes but he looked stuffed every game at the end of the third quarter playing deep, how is he going to go roaming high forward?

Maybe another preseason will help.

I must have been the 0.1%
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Jones maybe a bit like Schultz? Taking a while to put it all together consistently?

Lets not do a Richmond...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Its ok, I wasn't
    Bookmarked.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    Jones maybe a bit like Schultz? Taking a while to put it all together consistently?
    He's only 22. Petrie took a while to become a full time KPF as well; heck, Dale Morris was only rookied as a 22 year old.

I'm certainly not giving up on him - not that many 22 year old KPFs are playing 19 games (many as the only HF option and/or getting the best defender) and averaging 1.2 goals per game despite getting shitful delivery for the bulk of the year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

How's Dickson looking to you lot? He's missed two absolute sitters from set shots the last 2 weeks and has looked hesitant to pull the trigger in front of goal. Is his injury still bothering him, is he a bit out of touch, or am I imagining things?