Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  19
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lets discuss - Tory Dickson

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    How's Dickson looking to you lot? He's missed two absolute sitters from set shots the last 2 weeks and has looked hesitant to pull the trigger in front of goal. Is his injury still bothering him, is he a bit out of touch, or am I imagining things?
    Thought he was pretty good yesterday particularly two passages of play that led to goals. One a beautiful left foot kick to Picken and the 2nd he had a chance to blast away but steadied and faked to kick twice but instead passed it onto Dunkley. Bang goal.

Sure he maybe a bit underdone but the more game he gets the better we will be.

Post Thanks / Like

He went 3 for 3 for kicking to marking targets inside 50 in the period that probably won us the game in the 3rd, and won some very important one-on-one's yesterday. Thought he was good again after struggling against GWS, his last two have been solid.

Horror result that he missed a set shot - but has kicked 12.4 for the year!

Not sure what went on with kicking at that end of the ground - but it was 8.2 to the Footscray end, and 4.9 to the other end.

Post Thanks / Like

How's Dickson looking to you lot? He's missed two absolute sitters from set shots the last 2 weeks and has looked hesitant to pull the trigger in front of goal. Is his injury still bothering him, is he a bit out of touch, or am I imagining things?
    I think he is still a bit under done, but I expect a big second half of the year from him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

To be clear I'm not having a go at his overall performance. He's been good but I've wondered if something's bother his kicking at goal.

Post Thanks / Like

To be clear I'm not having a go at his overall performance. He's been good but I've wondered if something's bother his kicking at goal.
    He doesn't seem to get the distance like he use to.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He has a 6th sense in the forward 50 that he lacks elsewhere on the ground. His assist to Dunkley in the 1st was so composed. Miss-stepped 2 defenders before finding the perfect open option.

Needs to spend 90% of game time forward of centre.

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I said yesterday, I don't want to see Dickson anywhere on the ground outside the forward 50.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    I said yesterday, I don't want to see Dickson anywhere on the ground outside the forward 50.
    Unfortunately the modern game doesn't allow for that to be the case.. It's a shame his smarts around the F50 don't carry over when he moves further afield.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He doesn't seem to get the distance like he use to.
    I feel he has always struggled with distance if he is beyond 40.

Generally smart enough to get his shots closer to goal.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Unfortunately the modern game doesn't allow for that to be the case..
    Yeah, I know. But how many times a game does it bug you to see the ball in hand and an empty forward fifty with no one to take advantage? I wish we could allow for just one player to be lurking there permanently.

Post Thanks / Like

Tory Dicksons pressure in the forward line is massive.
    His kicking is exceptional.
    One of the most under rated forwards in the AFL.
    Once we get our delivery in correct he will be huge.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I get that. I still think he is behind schedule given his late start. I think he is close to one of those 4 or 5 goal efforts.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

15. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Tory is kinda doing the Crameri role but not ranging Stewart.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Goal kicking is a different action to kicking around the ground. This is why so many are missed. I remember when I played full forward ( not in these boys league by a long shot). I was very accurate within 40 and the ball stayed straight. When I was shooting from outside 40 my action changed to a bit of the curved run up to get the distance therefore the ball actually curved as well and was not as accurate. This I believe is why Dickson isn't as good outside 40. Mathew Loyd used to pick someone out in the crowd and kick it to them. Around the ground the boys barely miss targets as the have a specific spot the are trying to hit. Bevo needs to string a target between the goals half way up the posts. Practice hitting it at training then imagine it there during the games

Post Thanks / Like

Bump - What did you make of his game last night? I'll have to watch it again, but three goals is a fantastic effort.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus