Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  19
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lets discuss - Tory Dickson

I think a good call give the circumstances.

As Rocket Science mentioned, we are thereabouts meaning you keep a guy who can add value short term. Also, I think being sentimental is logical sometimes. He is a premiership and seems liked by a lot of the players. Not like we have to give that much to keep him on and it sends a good message. Loyalty isn't a one way street. Fans go nuts when a player leaves for better conditions but will be fine with a good servant being delisted. Not saying you just keep everyone but when it's lineball, a good way to build 'goodwill'/culture at a club.

2. Likes S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Dicko needs to shed a few kilos. He seems to have slowed down and has lost some agility. At his best he is a very good player.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I think Dicko needs to shed a few kilos. He seems to have slowed down and has lost some agility. At his best he is a very good player.
    It's something that a lot of players need to do when they get older. Brian Lake was told to lose weight when he arrived at the Hawks and I remember the Richard Osborne being a very different physical presence at the end of his career just to maintain his pace.

Has Dickson got much to lose anyway?

I don't see him in our best 22 each week for 2020 but he's going to be a more than handy player for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Dickinson will be just as excited as we are with the new additions. The boys know it will be a strong side next year and hard to break into. They also know it will be a lot more enjoyable to not be chasing tail all day. I think we might find Tory primed and fit for a good year. Might not play all the game time but will be quality goal kicking when he gets his chance. Three big boys to run around causing havoc just might be perfect for our sharp shooter to clean up around them. I would be pretty excited if I was a small forward at the club.

6. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tory was the most accurate goal kicker in the AFL over the past decade (minimum 200 shots). He was also our leading goal kicker of the decade with 181. Big Bad Bazza and Gia also make the top five for accuracy. Not bad considering how poor our goal kicking has been at times. We didn't have anyone in the 5 least accurate either. Link

MOST ACCURATE (MINIMUM 200 SHOTS AT GOAL) – TORY DICKSON 64.0%
    He has been on the outer in recent seasons but Bulldog Tory Dickson is the decade’s resident deadeye.

In his prime the sharpshooting forward couldn’t miss, booting an accurate 50 goals and just 12 behinds in 2015. He followed it up the next year with another impressive goalkicking tally of 40.17.

Dicksons pinpoint accuracy of 64 per cent is the highest of any forward from 2010-2019 who has taken more than 200 shots on goal, pipping Jay Schultz (62.2%), Barry Hall (61.9%), Daniel Giansiracusa (61.2%) and Luke Breust (61%).

8. Thanks bornadog, Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life liked this post