Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Crows v Power

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Crows v Power

In a rather devisive move the Ravens are wearing the state kit against the power in round 2!!
    Like to hear from our Adelaide Bulldog contingent.
    Pretty ordinary to be honest

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crows v Power

Deliberately provocative - but the AFL allowing it is as big an issue
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Completely agree with the Power on this one. Half the Adelaide team are non-South Australian!!

The Port Adelaide Football Club is surprised and disappointed that the Adelaide Crows would choose to wear a replica guernsey based on the traditional South Australian state guernsey in the first Showdown at the Adelaide Oval.

Port Adelaide considers this an iconic jumper and respects the feats of the many South Australian greats who have worn this guernsey with such pride over so many years.

Port Adelaide believes this is not about club versus club, Port Adelaide versus the Crows. The State guernsey rises well above both our football clubs. It is a guernsey that is sacred and most significantly has always been earned by only the best representative players in our proud football state.

Our club’s current and former South Australian born players are disappointed by the Crows’ decision. This guernsey is intrinsic and sacrosanct to South Australian footballers and it should be protected at all times.

The Crows have stated they are wearing the guernsey “to celebrate South Australian football”. Port Adelaide finds this reasoning peculiar given that wearing it in a Showdown will actually divide the state. This guernsey is a symbol of South Australian football unification, not division.
    Link

Post Thanks / Like

Ridiculous decision by Adelaide and I think the AFL should stop it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Ridiculous decision by Adelaide and I think the AFL should stop it.
    Looks like the AFL and SAFL have done a backflip on this in light of the negative public opinion generated over the issue. Good decision. Should never have been granted permission in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

Commonsense finally prevailed in this.
    Talk about red rag to a bull, and couldn't believe Adelaide's arrogance on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I didnt realise that the AFL had already given it the green light. Mind boggling.

Post Thanks / Like

As a proud South Australian I was seething of the arrogance of the crows, and in particular Nigel Smart. Glad that it won't go ahead now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    As a proud South Australian I was seething of the arrogance of the crows, and in particular Nigel Smart. Glad that it won't go ahead now
    Pretty insincere individual is the nicest thing you could say about him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    There wasn't a single person I spoke to, that wasn't a mad cow supporter, that was anything less than outraged. Another great opportunity for Graham Cornes to look like a complete tool. Awful club.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    There wasn't a single person I spoke to, that wasn't a mad cow supporter, that was anything less than outraged. Another great opportunity for Graham Cornes to look like a complete tool. Awful club.
    That's just Cornesy being disapointed that it wasn't all about him.