Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Grand Final; What it would mean to you.

If The Dogs made the Grand Final, what would it mean to you? How would you act/feel throughout the week?

For me, I'm only young - but a GF birth would mean a whole lot to me for various reasons. I love and have supported the club ever since I could talk; I grew up 'pretending' to be players in the backyard kicking goals etc. Football plays an overwhelming part in my life and I would do anything to see us get into a Grand Final. My dad has been a diehard supporter and member for 30+ years, he lives to see the day The Dogs win a Premiership or even get into a GF. Every night we talk about The Dogs, sometimes for lengthy periods. Not a day goes by where there's not something discussed related to the side. So for The Dogs to make a GF would be unbelievable; words wouldn't be able to describe a single thing as there's nothing more I'd like to see than the smile on my dad's face. I'm young; I've suffered nothing what he and many, many other supporters have but yet I would still do anything for that GF & Premiership.

Personally I would be very, very excited. I wouldn't think I'd be nervous, simply because I'm just not that type of character. I'd probably attend anything and everything Grand Final/Western Bulldogs related throughout that week and be one of the first to the ground along with recording the entire coverage of the GF at home.

Who knows what else I'd do.

Just thinking about it really does make you crave success for this football club, not only for yourself but for every other diehard supporter who attends game after game hoping one day we'll be one of two teams in that last day of september.

Oh, and I reckon by quarter time my voice would be long gone.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Grand Final; What it would mean to you.

I'd envy you folk in Melbourne - not much would happen up here.

I remember my Swans nee Sth Melbourne mate who was just so pleased in '96 that they actually made it and IIRC won a quarter or two.

Bugger that, if we made it we're there to win it.

I want a 1954 result not a 1961 one.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    I'd envy you folk in Melbourne - not much would happen up here.

I remember my Swans nee Sth Melbourne mate who was just so pleased in '96 that they actually made it and IIRC won a quarter or two.

Bugger that, if we made it we're there to win it.

I want a 1954 result not a 1961 one.
    We'd fly you down for the week DR - you'd just need to be amongst it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Every night we talk about The Dogs, sometimes for lengthy periods. Not a day goes by where there's not something discussed related to the side.
    You sound as fanatical as me. If I could talk about the Dogs all day, I probably would.

As far as what it would mean to me, it would mean no more crap from Adelaide supporters. It would mean I could experience what my long suffering Geelong supporting mates felt and are still talking about at the moment. So many things.

One day.

rapidshave Guest

It would mean everything to me, I think about it alot and have dreamed about us being there on the last day of September.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I cant even imagine the greatness of it.
    Knowing me, I would probably sit through the week, convinced we will be winning the game the whole time, then lose by like a point.
    But I would be so so so excited, go out and terrorise the Geelong-loving neighbours, brandishing huge Bulldogs flags everywhere and probably haning them everywhere.

And i'd collect every single article and poster in the newspaper to plaster my whole room with of course.

Sleep overnight in line for a ticket. (Hang on, I might get stabbed. I'll pass, i'll just turn up super-early).

I cant imagine how much it would mean to me, to see Scotty West and Johnno, all our boys, old and young to make it real and WIN THAT CUP!

I'd wear my badges and guernsey and my whole 'grand final outfit' everywhere (Guernsey, white shorts, blue stockings red boots, and a sparkly cape with additional psycho-obsessive accesories)

I'd go crazy! I cant wait for the day! It will happen!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    We'd fly you down for the week DR - you'd just need to be amongst it
    Thank you - I'm also willing to throw the toss and present the cup to Johnno at fulltime.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be one of the best days of my life. I would sell an arm for a ticket, considering we havent played in a GF for years, let alone won one, i understand the rarity of premierships, which is something i dont think supporters of other clubs can understand.

Hah, Bulldogs Bite my Dad finds it hard to talk about the Dogs at the moment, he's never seen us win one in his 50 years, i dont blame him.

I cant wait for the day that we get one for the trophy case! When clubs like Port Adelaide and West Coast join the AFL and have already won premierships in less than 10 years of even being IN the AFL, it makes me pretty sad...considering the wait some of our supporters have had, especially the older ones, the ones spent years and years waiting for the day.

But when we finally win one, i think all i'll be able to do is cry hysterically!

Post Thanks / Like

If The Dogs made the Grand Final, what would it mean to you? How would you act/feel throughout the week?

For me, I'm only young - but a GF birth would mean a whole lot to me for various reasons. I love and have supported the club ever since I could talk; I grew up 'pretending' to be players in the backyard kicking goals etc. Football plays an overwhelming part in my life and I would do anything to see us get into a Grand Final. My dad has been a diehard supporter and member for 30+ years, he lives to see the day The Dogs win a Premiership or even get into a GF. Every night we talk about The Dogs, sometimes for lengthy periods. Not a day goes by where there's not something discussed related to the side. So for The Dogs to make a GF would be unbelievable; words wouldn't be able to describe a single thing as there's nothing more I'd like to see than the smile on my dad's face. I'm young; I've suffered nothing what he and many, many other supporters have but yet I would still do anything for that GF & Premiership.
    Personally I would be very, very excited. I wouldn't think I'd be nervous, simply because I'm just not that type of character. I'd probably attend anything and everything Grand Final/Western Bulldogs related throughout that week and be one of the first to the ground along with recording the entire coverage of the GF at home.

Who knows what else I'd do.

Just thinking about it really does make you crave success for this football club, not only for yourself but for every other diehard supporter who attends game after game hoping one day we'll be one of two teams in that last day of september.

Oh, and I reckon by quarter time my voice would be long gone.
    DITTO. Hope the doggy players are feeling the same way (bold). Getting to a grand final would be the most amazing and best feeling; winning it would be (you called it TBB) indescribable.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

It would mean everything to me, I want to feel the joy the Geelong supporters felt this year. I would take the week off work because I don't think I would be able to concentrate, go to the Grand Final parade as I always said I will not go to one of those unless the Dogs were in it.

Post Thanks / Like

What would you do that night if we won?

I'd be drawn to the Whitten Oval & want to share that magical feeling with fellow Doggies fans.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    What would you do that night if we won?

I'd be drawn to the Whitten Oval & want to share that magical feeling with fellow Doggies fans.

I agree, I think thats where i'd be!
    It would be amazing, I cant wait.

Post Thanks / Like

It would mean everything in the world, plus a bit more. I'm not impatient, I haven't been waiting very long compared to a lot of people, but I wish we had a better history than we do. However, that will just make it all the better when we finally win another one- I know that I wouldn't take it for granted, seeing my team win a flag...but thinking about it just makes me more jealous of the clubs that have had recent success and also makes me wonder how long it'll be before we even start making consistent finals appearances again.

Post Thanks / Like

Being in Geelong this year when they won, it was just amazing how the town reacted-it was huge. They were so happy after so many years of dissapoinment- MAN i was jealous!

Post Thanks / Like

I have already warned my family - when the Dogs make it to the Grand Final the entire front of the house and garden will be decorated in red, white and blue. I will enjoy and savour every minute of the build up during that week.