Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Get Ready for Sunday night matches - 7.40pm

Quote Originally Posted by DragzLS1 View Post
    I don't mind it, heck I go to 7:30 soccer matches on a Tuesday so I can't see it having a massive impact.
    Agreed I'll go. Horses for courses but 4.40pm is worse for me as I have young children some of which don't go to the footy and 4.40pm means I miss dinner and getting them ready for bed. 7.40pm means I get dinner and get them close to bed then hop in the car and get to the game.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Agreed I'll go. Horses for courses but 4.40pm is worse for me as I have young children some of which don't go to the footy and 4.40pm means I miss dinner and getting them ready for bed. 7.40pm means I get dinner and get them close to bed then hop in the car and get to the game.
    I look at the Sunday 4.40pm games a little different. I tend to try and organise to have a roast for lunch and take some roast sandwiches of the evening meal.
    If I have a 2.10pm game then I either have an early lunch so I can get to the game by 1.15pm (I like to be there early) or I buy something. When I get home about 6pm I tend to want you buy something else.

It's obviously different for everyone though.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Sunday night TV is garbage in my opinion. I often work on Sundays so don't mind the thought of coming home to watch a game. A good way to end the week.
    Agreed. the Adelaide home games in the early 90's used to be Sunday nights and I loved sitting on the couch to finish off the weekend with a good game of footy. Sunday night should be owned by the AFL, and they should immediately end the ridiculous and failed experiment with Monday night football.

Post Thanks / Like

I would rather we get these Sunday night games than the twilight ones. At least they will get good exposure instead of just being plain irrelevant like the twilight games are.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I hope the ratings make up got the low crowds, and when we get shit crowds we get compensated.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

The suggestion is that these will be scheduled during school holidays where possible and the involvement of Westcoast means that they could schedule these for games in WA. If this is true then there is little to complain about. Personally I prefer this to twilight games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I hope the ratings make up got the low crowds, and when we get shit crowds we get compensated.
    I tend to think the bigger clubs will get the games. I'd be surprised if we are in the mix.
    I think the 1pm or 4.40pm games are what we will play on a Sunday.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting concept. Would be great for TV as everything else on a Sunday night is rubbish but definitely isn't family friendly. Personally I'd go to watch the Dogs at 3.00am on a Wednesday morning if that's when they were playing but I don't think we're in any immediate danger of playing on a Sunday night. Imagine it'd be a showcase game similar to Monday night footy.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a fan of 6.30pm Sunday night NRL games in which Storm have played in a few. 7.40pm for a longer game will be worse. Hopefully the Bulldogs don't feature in any.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the 7.40 timeslot as at least you will get prime time TV viewers. With the twilight Sunday games you don't get TV and you don't get crowds to the game either, it's neither one thing nor the other.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I tend to think the bigger clubs will get the games. I'd be surprised if we are in the mix.
    I think the 1pm or 4.40pm games are what we will play on a Sunday.
    Hmmm, I wouldn't be surprised if the bigger clubs sit back and wait for the smaller clubs to test it out.

The bigger clubs will then learn the TV ratings/exposure is fantastic, and lobby the AFL for a piece of the pie the following year.

Sunday night TV is junk nowadays, and some football on FTA is just what is needed for it to be watchable (as long as Bruthey Bruth doesn't get the gig.......would be a shame for him to start my footy watching weekends with his crap, and finish them with his crap).

Post Thanks / Like

As an aside, if it's FTA, which other game gets cut, Saturday avo?

So it's Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, with maybe Sunday afternoon?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Great for TV, bad for crowds.

Better than a Thursday night game though.

Post Thanks / Like

Install flood lights at Whitten Oval and I will attend these Sunday night matches happily

Post Thanks / Like

God awful for kids going to school.
    Then again it's all about the networks and ratings.