Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dylan Addison delisted

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/ne...al-list-change

Dogs lodge final list change
    October 29, 2013 8:45 AM

Utility Dylan Addison has been told he would not be offered a position on the Bulldogs' playing list for 2014.
    The Western Bulldogs have today made its final list change ahead of Thursday’s first list lodgement deadline, after utility Dylan Addison was told he would not be offered a position on the playing list for 2014.

Addison played 88 games since being drafted in 2005, spending most of his time in defence before recently being moved forward and joins Daniel Cross, Patrick Veszpremi, Lukas Markovic and Nick Lower to depart the Club this off-season.

List Manager Jason McCartney thanked the outgoing players for their commitment and contribution in the red, white and blue.

“Dylan is a popular teammate and a high quality person, who gave his all for the team during his time here,” McCartney said.

“We thank all players who have departed the Club for their dedication and input that they’ve unreservedly given to our Club, and sincerely wish them the best for the future.”

The Western Bulldogs have picks 4, 42, 60 and 96 in the upcoming National Draft following the acquisition of Stewart Crameri (Essendon) and Sam Darley (GWS) during the recent trade period with picks 26 and 78 respectively.

Exclusive to westernbulldogs.com.au

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dylan Addison delisted

Thanks for your efforts Dylan, someone who got the most out of his ability.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

It's a shame to lose someone with the work ethic of Addison but it was on the cards. Just the wrong year to be coming out of contract.

All the best to Dylan Addison.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

All the best to Dylan, gave everything he had on and off the field for the club.

Good luck in the future and hope it all goes well.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been an admirer of Dylan for his competitiveness on the football field. He's carved out a lot more games than many would've thought early on and has shown he can fill holes all over the field, playing some good games as a forward in recent years. The selection of Crameri and continued development of Stringer has squeezed him out.

Wish him all the best for securing a spot on a list somewhere else. Thanks Dylan.

Post Thanks / Like

We should have put him on contract for another 12 games
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    I've been an admirer of Dylan for his competitiveness on the football field. He's carved out a lot more games than many would've thought early on and has shown he can fill holes all over the field, playing some good games as a forward in recent years. The selection of Crameri and continued development of Stringer has squeezed him out.

Wish him all the best for securing a spot on a list somewhere else. Thanks Dylan.
    Do you think GWS will pick him up now?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the club made the right call on Addison.

but i'm very surprised we haven't cut into the rookie list.

IMO, Jong, Greenwood & Redpath have all had 2 years to show what they can do and have yet to prove they are even a remote chance to make in at AFL level. Think they can all consider themselves very fortunate. Perhaps a bit tough on Jong with his injury problems but I remain unconvinced.

I hope the club knows what it's doing here but it looks like blind faith to me. Surely we should be looking for fresh new players or even one or two that have been in the system and just might need another chance ie Weller, Cornelius etc. Surely these types are a better chance to make it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    They would be crazy not to. He would really help their young team.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They would be crazy not to. He would really help their young team.
    Agree with this. He's a tough foot soldier and would them enormously.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    They could be a strong chance.

I know he doesn't really fit the St Kilda age profile, but I wonder if he may hold some interest there given his price and Melbourne could also see some value in him. He seems a type Paul Roos may be interested in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I think the club made the right call on Addison.

but i'm very surprised we haven't cut into the rookie list.

IMO, Jong, Greenwood & Redpath have all had 2 years to show what they can do and have yet to prove they are even a remote chance to make in at AFL level. Think they can all consider themselves very fortunate. Perhaps a bit tough on Jong with his injury problems but I remain unconvinced.

I hope the club knows what it's doing here but it looks like blind faith to me. Surely we should be looking for fresh new players or even one or two that have been in the system and just might need another chance ie Weller, Cornelius etc. Surely these types are a better chance to make it?
    Doc I think there is more to come. From memory you can only have one 3rd year rookie. In that case we either upgrade Austin and/or delist at least two of Redpath/Jong and Greenwood.

We have until Thursday to make more announcements.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for everything you have done for our club DFA.

Would be a handy pick up for someone like Brisbane. Would rather Dyl have gotten another year than Howard(handy depth), but not to be.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Doc I think there is more to come. From memory you can only have one 3rd year rookie. In that case we either upgrade Austin and/or delist at least two of Redpath/Jong and Greenwood.

ok, might have pulled the trigger early.

Thought I read "FINAL DELISTINGS" on another site.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

my gut feeling is Redpath will be delisted along with either Jong or Greenwood.