Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dylan Addison delisted

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    His Twitter message was full of class.

Dylan Addison ‏@AddisonDylan

Thanks to the @westernbulldogs for the privilege of donning the RW&B for 8 years. Wish the club all the success it deserves. #greatpeople
    Really hope he gets another gig !!

#allclass
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Yes very classy farewell Dylan. Tried his guts out every week whether in the Firsts or Ressies.Hope he is given another opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Any chance we can restrict this thread to acknowledging the contribution of a great servant of the club without simply using this as another opportunity to pot a player who has been given another chance?
    I did acknowledge DFA's contribution to our club in my post and was merely using Howard's retention to highlight how fortunate he is and unfortunate DFA is. Would have been a fair call had I only potted Howard in my post.

FWIW, I actually understand the rationale of cutting DFA and keeping Howard. With Crameri coming to the club, Dyl falls back in the pecking order even more in his position, and has realistically reached his optimum level of output at this level. Howard has yet to reach his ceiling, and luckily for him he plays in a position where we are thin on the ground for depth. It doesn't take away from the fact that he's extremely fortunate to have secured another year on our list and that Dyl was stiff.

Also now looks like we might be keeping one pick in the kitbag for the PSD. I like this, hopefully it allows 1-2 additional decent players to slide through to the PSD knowing that there is a club with an early pick apart from GWS that is willing to use their PSD pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to the @westernbulldogs for the privilege of donning the RW&B for 8 years. Wish the club all the success it deserves. #greatpeople
    That's just made me incredibly sad. Thanks for everything DFA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Really hope he gets another gig !!

#allclass
    His response to a question on his future.

Mark Cook ‏@MarkCook14
    @AddisonDylan @westernbulldogs Are you Giants bound now?

@MarkCook14 no idea mate, haven't been offered anything from anyone. Could be full time study at this rate!

Going to miss the guy. Time flies, doesn't seem like 8 years. Hopefully he finds a home somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

If he doesn't go anywhere, why not pick him up for Footscray

Post Thanks / Like

I remember his debut game at the G against Adelaide very fondly - was a great win with some top individual performances, and a more than solid debut across half back from a speedy (yes I said speedy) Dylan Addison.

Not sure where his pace went over the journey, but he adapted admirably - while I can understand the decision, I personally would've leaned to one more year.

Thank-you Dylan for your fearless service to the Dogs.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I've always had a soft spot for DFA.

Thank you Dylan for all your hard work and service in the tri colours.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

I remember watching him play two years in a row in the under 18's at Optus Oval, first year as an underager playing off the half back and dominating in the middle the year after.

Always sad to see players go especially who have been part of the club for decent amount of time, all the best Dyl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by St 07 View Post
    If he doesn't go anywhere, why not pick him up for Footscray
    A good idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Wishing DFA all the best and hoping he gats another gig elsewhere.
    Also well done to the club for standing up and making what would have been a difficult decision.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

My type of player hard,tough and uncompromising was there at his first game and BJ's speech is legendary good luck to the boy we welcomed and the man as he continues his journey. Thanks DFA you are a bulldog through and through.
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Sad to see such a tough foot soldier go. My favourite DFA memory will always be his outstanding performance in the 2010 preliminary final against St. Kilda, which I'm fairly sure he played in with broken ribs. Tough as nails and a true team player. Clubs like GWS and Melbourne would be mad to not give him a crack, but if unfortunately nothing eventuates I'd love to see him rip the opposition apart for Footscray in 2014 and beyond.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm feeling very sad that DFA has been delisted. Thanks for everything Dylan and best of luck for your future, wherever that may be.

Post Thanks / Like

Favourite of mine, sad to see him go. Hard as a cats head and a true team man. Not many blokes drafted that slight finish their careers as body smacking defensive forwards. Does mean we are moving forward when we are in a position to let blokes like this go though. All the best Dyl