Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dylan Addison delisted

Agreed Griff, the Demons would certainly benefit from his services.

Well done to Dylan for carving out 88 games of top level footy. Not the most talented player, nor the most athletic but hard, dedicated and versatile.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the opportunity to sit on the boundary, quite close to where Dylan was playing a few times.
    I remember the thud of his body, landing on the turf, or the whack of skin to skin impact whenever he went in.

But what made me laugh was the absolute serenity or even placid look on his face while he was doing it.

Much loved player.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    ok, might have pulled the trigger early.

Thought I read "FINAL DELISTINGS" on another site.
    Yeah it's the first list lodgement not the final. I think you have to go early with the more senior guys so that their managers can do the rounds and that's why they have until the end of the month.

Back to Dylan, I can recall when he first started he hated the wrestling drills. Apparently Eagleton was often paired up with him and used to just work him over during the drills. A couple of seasons later, no one could bully him.

He was a very hard worker.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

A common theme with the list changes;

Addison, Cross, Vez, Lower & Marko, they were all plodders pace wise. Think we could see a quicker Dogs outfit next season

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Yeah it's the first list lodgement not the final. I think you have to go early with the more senior guys so that their managers can do the rounds and that's why they have until the end of the month.

Back to Dylan, I can recall when he first started he hated the wrestling drills. Apparently Eagleton was often paired up with him and used to just work him over during the drills. A couple of seasons later, no one could bully him.

He was a very hard worker.
    I remember the game in 2008 against West Coast when he went from flat on his back in a wrestle having Kerr all over him, to using his strength to overturn the situation and monster Kerr in the end.

Strong guy, and hard as nails.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck DFA. Thank you for your service to the club. I hope you find another club for next season and beyond. I will watch your further career with interest.

Nick_7 Guest

I hope he can find a new club. He could still be a handy player given the right opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like

Understand the decision but it's a sad day. Really admired Dylan's approach to his footy.....hard as nails, committed and a great team player. More ability that some give him credit for but in the end it's a numbers game and the club needs to continually improve its list.

My daughter is going to be really crapped off. She wears the number 22 on her jumper with pride.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps the revival of DFA underscores the differences in coaching styles; Rocket and Mc
    Was in the VFL a lot during Rocket's tenure. Always in our best 22 under Brendan.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

His Twitter message was full of class.

Dylan Addison ‏@AddisonDylan

Thanks to the @westernbulldogs for the privilege of donning the RW&B for 8 years. Wish the club all the success it deserves. #greatpeople
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Echo everyone else's thoughts on DFA - thanks for your unwavering dedication during your time at the club and for never, ever taking a backward step in 88 games and 8 years. Loved your 2010 finals campaign.

All I can say is Christian Howard is one of the luckiest people in Australia - I hope he understands this and actually makes something of the amazingly generous opportunity he has been given by the club in 2014.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    His Twitter message was full of class.

Dylan Addison ‏@AddisonDylan

Thanks to the @westernbulldogs for the privilege of donning the RW&B for 8 years. Wish the club all the success it deserves. #greatpeople
    All class, great to read. I bet it was a very tough decision for the club to make.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    All I can say is Christian Howard is one of the luckiest people in Australia - I hope he understands this and actually makes something of the amazingly generous opportunity he has been given by the club in 2014.
    Ditto, no disrespect to Howard but I know who I'd prefer on the list in 2014
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Any chance we can restrict this thread to acknowledging the contribution of a great servant of the club without simply using this as another opportunity to pot a player who has been given another chance?

Post Thanks / Like

Very classy farewell. Will be sorry not to see that buccaneer facial hair next year, really hope he gets picked up by GWS or another club. All the best, Dylan.