Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lets Discuss - Tom Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    21 possies, 4 marks, 2 goals and 59 hit outs. Fair day out.

With the sub getting scrapped next year, I can see a ruck duo of Campbell and Roughy working. More mobile than Minson and much stronger than Ayce.

The best ruck talent in the country not getting a regular AFL gig, IMO.
    Better than many playing too. Needs to be given a run.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Great from both of the guys. Campbell needs to be given a chance after the bye at least.
    Agreed. If I were a recruiter or list manager for another club I would be in constant contact with Toms management.

Like comrade said he's the best ruckman not playing regularly in the AFL ATM.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Agreed. If I were a recruiter or list manager for another club I would be in constant contact with Toms management.

Like comrade said he's the best ruckman not playing regularly in the AFL ATM.
    His value will only increase if he performs at senior level as well. I'm 50-50 on whether he will be able to take his VFL form into the AFL this year, and I think that's because I view him as a very raw player that has a fair bit to learn, which is something that can be forgotten due to his physique being well developed.

Either way, we won't know until he's given a month in the seniors with significant time in the ruck.

Post Thanks / Like

The question is are we prepared to take a potential dip in output by giving Campbell games over Minson, with a view to long term development?

I'm convinced Roughy and Campbell are the future, with Ayce as back up. As much as I loved the job Minno did on the weekend, I still don't see him as part of our plans from 2016 onwards.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

The question is are we prepared to take a potential dip in output by giving Campbell games over Minson, with a view to long term development?

I'm convinced Roughy and Campbell are the future, with Ayce as back up. As much as I loved the job Minno did on the weekend, I still don't see him as part of our plans from 2016 onwards.
    Of course we are. The MC did it with Cordy.

I am in the minority but i wouldnt be upset if Minson was dropped this week or next.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

We have to be, but it might be that Minson once again forces the coaching panel's hand. Minson was fantastic over the weekend, though it's not a given he's changed his game for good (over a sustained period) or that he won't suffer an injury at some point.

We're only one injury or tough set of match ups in defence from needing to put Roughead back there as well.

Campbell will get his chance, and when he does he needs to take it. I hope he gets a sustained run once he's in though.

Post Thanks / Like

When do you think will see him in the seniors? He's spot on the list now is quite vulnerable particularly with Tim English coming along and showing really good signs.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure there's much else to discuss ...

In terms of practical value to us and the current coaching group he's basically a warm body at this point.

Probably deserves a go elsewhere but doubt we'd get much if anything in return. Another asset we've managed superbly.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I'm not sure there's much else to discuss ...

In terms of practical value to us and the current coaching group he's basically a warm body at this point.

Probably deserves a go elsewhere but doubt we'd get much if anything in return. Another asset we've managed superbly.
    It's an absolute waste. There was no point in keeping him, in all honesty we would have been better off delisting him and Roberts. Not bagging those 2 guys, they're rotting without an opportunity at all so what's the point of having them. Campbell deserves another shot. It's about time someone stopped this foolishness and give him another chance. What's the worst that could happen lose by 40 points instead of 50?

Post Thanks / Like

With the development of Tim English and the acquisition of Trengove and Schache I think Campbell is in a race with and out of contract Roughead to get another contract. Had he been fit this year or last at the right time then he could very well now be in a stronger position but he probably needs a few things to work out for him.

If he gets a chance he needs to make the most of it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

He should have been in last week. I feel for Tom, his papers appear stamped.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers