LowLights

* 15 Sunday Games
    * 7 Saturday Games

* 1 game at the G against Melbourne!
    * 14 at Etihad

* No Friday Night Matches again in 2014

* First match v West Coast, Sunday 23 March at 7.40pm EDT

see here
    Last edited by bornadog; 31-10-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2014 Fixture - Screwed again by AFL

4.40 pm
    4.40 pm
    4.40 pm......

Go and get stuffed AFL. I wish I could swear on here *&%(($*&^@#(&$%)P

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like fox footy is the big winner here. I'm happy with who we are playing twice, but Sundays and Twilights do nothing for me at all.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah sunday games can pee right off!

The only bonus in playing the last 5 games on a sunday is one 14 and the rest 7 day breaks.

StKilda have a Friday Night game and we dont.......WTF AFL!!

Post Thanks / Like

on the positive 5 of our last 6 at Etihad, so if we are in the mix at the business end this could help.

Post Thanks / Like

AAAAAAAANNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDD another punch in the guts for our brand exposure.

Screw you AFL.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Playing in Tasmania again? That's unusual to get that game 2 years in a row. I can feel another footy trip coming on. Although 3.20pm on a Sunday is a strange time, it'll be dark by 3/4 time. Why not have it at 1.10pm and possibly avoid having to use the lights?

Apart from that, again we have too many late Sunday home games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    AAAAAAAANNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDD another punch in the guts for our brand exposure.

Screw you AFL.
    What do you mean, we are playing in Cairns.

But seriously, low crowds and low tv ratings will hurt us again with this fixture. It's all well and good to give us cash and say that's equalisation, but it's not. It's called throwing good money after bad. Give us exposure to increase our membership base, sell more merchandise, get more gate receipts and then you don't have to prop us up. It's just such an elitist attitude towards us... "We're not going to do anything to help you fix the structural issues, but here's some cash. Now say thank you".

Give a man a fish and eats today. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Play a certain brand of footy, and the crowds will follow. Have to earn it Dogs.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What do you mean, we are playing in Cairns.

But seriously, low crowds and low tv ratings will hurt us again with this fixture. It's all well and good to give us cash and say that's equalisation, but it's not. It's called throwing good money after bad. Give us exposure to increase our membership base, sell more merchandise, get more gate receipts and then you don't have to prop us up. It's just such an elitist attitude towards us... "We're not going to do anything to help you fix the structural issues, but here's some cash. Now say thank you".

Give a man a fish and eats today. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime.
    That is exactly what grates the most, so how the hell do you get past it? On the AFL's own website they state that our wish list was the following:

WESTERN BULLDOGS
    The Bulldogs played nine twilight games in 2013, and for obvious reasons, the club would prefer to have a few more prime time slots. The Dogs were absent from the Friday night fixture last season, and played just four night games for the year. The club is keen to host some more big games against the powerhouse Victorian clubs in 2014 to pull in big crowds, after playing Geelong, Hawthorn, Essendon and Carlton just once last year. Like all clubs, the Bulldogs don't want many six-day breaks.
    and then what do we get? The "*!*!*!*! off, You're Playing at 4.40pm Every Sunday" fixture special! ARGH!
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Play a certain brand of footy, and the crowds will follow. Have to earn it Dogs.
    We played a great brand of footy 2008-2010. Membership topped at about 32,000. Half that of Hawthorn, and about 40% of Collingwood. We don't have 30,000 bandwagoners just sitting back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    That is exactly what grates the most, so how the hell do you get past it? On the AFL's own website they state that our wish list was the following:

and then what do we get? The "F*ck off, You're Playing at 4.40pm Every Sunday" fixture special! ARGH!
    Cairns and a horrible draw. I know I'm on my own, but I'd sell 6 or 7 games to Tassie, kick Hawks and North out. Demand 12 or more games in Melbourne and the Good Friday game and better draws. And a heap of cash. This does not reflect an administration actively trying to change the structural issues we face, quite the opposite you could argue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Yeah sunday games can pee right off!

The only bonus in playing the last 5 games on a sunday is one 14 and the rest 7 day breaks.

StKilda have a Friday Night game and we dont.......WTF AFL!!
    I don't get how we don't get a Friday night game yet St Kilda do. Staggering decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    I don't get how we don't get a Friday night game yet St Kilda do. Staggering decision.
    6 matches at 4.40pm - I hate that time slot

4 matches at 7.40pm
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Outside of Libba a few years back and Browny at KFC, all we put out is positive AFL stories. Saints give rape, rape, lighting people on fire etc, etc. they are still bottoming out and they get a Friday night game. Obviously being good citizens doesn't count for anything.