Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2014 Fixture - Screwed again by AFL

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Outside of Libba a few years back and Browny at KFC, all we put out is positive AFL stories. Saints give rape, rape, lighting people on fire etc, etc. they are still bottoming out and they get a Friday night game. Obviously being good citizens doesn't count for anything.
    The German Diver must be a big draw card
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Western "Sunday" Bulldogs

Post Thanks / Like

This is easy to predict each year. You sit in the stands at Etihad, amongst 15,000 fans, and you know that next year you're going to get screwed again.

Richmond fans, hate them if you will, but they've done diddly squat for 30 years and their fans still turn up. Sunday twilight games don't help, but be honest guys: they could play us on Friday night every week and we'd still struggle to pull a crowd, because our supporters just don't give a rats about turning up to games. Lose a game, get 20k the week after, lose two in a row and it's a graveyard. Win a game, and we pull out every excuse imaginable — the opposition didn't play their best players, the Dogs are still not there yet, I'll start going when they win a flag… We've heard it all before from a vast majority of our fans. Of course, the WOOF posters are not like that, but we ain't the norm guys.

Start pulling crowds and membership and the rewards will come. It doesn't work the other way around, the AFL isn't Centrelink.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    This is easy to predict each year. You sit in the stands at Etihad, amongst 15,000 fans, and you know that next year you're going to get screwed again.

Richmond fans, hate them if you will, but they've done diddly squat for 30 years and their fans still turn up. Sunday twilight games don't help, but be honest guys: they could play us on Friday night every week and we'd still struggle to pull a crowd, because our supporters just don't give a rats about turning up to games. Lose a game, get 20k the week after, lose two in a row and it's a graveyard. Win a game, and we pull out every excuse imaginable — the opposition didn't play their best players, the Dogs are still not there yet, I'll start going when they win a flag… We've heard it all before from a vast majority of our fans. Of course, the WOOF posters are not like that, but we ain't the norm guys.

Start pulling crowds and membership and the rewards will come. It doesn't work the other way around, the AFL isn't Centrelink.
    Where were the members in 2008-2010?

Our problems run much, much deeper than this.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

A Ford Guest

That fact finding trip Peter Gordon went on in August seems to have no paid dividends.
    Equalization not working when you can't get near a fair fixture.

Post Thanks / Like

Associate of mine has already cancelled his family reserved seats. 1000 dollars.

Post Thanks / Like

Hardly surprising we get a shiz deal from the AFL, we're irrelevant to them.

Never going to be equalisation as it works against the richer clubs and the AFL making $$$.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Cairns and a horrible draw. I know I'm on my own, but I'd sell 6 or 7 games to Tassie, kick Hawks and North out. Demand 12 or more games in Melbourne and the Good Friday game and better draws. And a heap of cash. This does not reflect an administration actively trying to change the structural issues we face, quite the opposite you could argue.
    Not on your own. I'm starting to think that dog has legs.....

Post Thanks / Like

Many of you lot are just like the typical "whoh is me", "poor old bulldogs", "glass half empty" types that I hear in the stands at our games....

We will never get as much coverage as the big clubs, that's life!!!!....

Roll On 2014 Doggies.....loved the way you finished off 2013 .......

I think we will win between 10 and 13 games.....

Go Dogs!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gohardorgohome View Post
    Many of you lot are just like the typical "whoh is me", "poor old bulldogs", "glass half empty" types that I hear in the stands at our games....

We will never get as much coverage as the big clubs, that's life!!!!....

Roll On 2014 Doggies.....loved the way you finished off 2013 .......

I think we will win between 10 and 13 games.....

Go Dogs!!!!
    But that's the other extreme. Just saying sod it, that's life doesn't solve the long term issue. Maybe it is actually solvable through proper equalisation policies. The point is, what we've been given doesn't reflect any sense that the AFL messaging all year is backed up by any real action in the draw they've delivered us. And thats disappointing from the governing body. And worth discussing. And probably worth a tiny little middle finger at their executive....

But yes - Go Dogs!

Post Thanks / Like

Mostly Sunday games, no games in Brisbane, one in cairns and one on the goldy, better start saving if I want to see more than game live

Post Thanks / Like

Ridiculous. For all the statements and comments about "equalisation" and created a fair fixture we get handed a stinking pile of crap for our season. Absolute bullshit. We better get royally compensated for this, because it offers our club no chance to grow, and no chance to reap revenue from high drawing games.

Lets have a look at the positives and negatives.

Sucks to start the season against West Coast in Perth but someone has to do it. What I don't get is that we then play North the next Sunday, which sure gives us a 7 day break but it gives North a 9 day break and they didn't have to travel. On the back foot straight up. Both on Fox too so no early media exposure.

Then off to play Richmond the next week in the early Saturday game. Would have liked a better timeslot but it should get a decent crowd. On Seven but it's the worst of the 4 games they get to show each week ratings wise.

The off to an irrelevant Saturday twilight fixture against GWS in WS on Fox. Useless match.

Then we get a potential high drawing game against Carlton, but of course its relegated to Sunday twilight on Fox, minimizing the benefits.

Then we get the early Sunday game against Adelaide here, no one is going to go or watch that.

Then finally a prime time game that will attract a good crowd, Essendon on Saturday night on Seven. Except it's Essendons home game because you know, they earnt it.

Then Melbourne on Saturday night at the G, our annual low point of the season. Luckily it's going to be broadcast on Seven.

Then a bye to recover from that gruelling trip to the G, before off to play Gold Coast on the Coast on Seven.

Then back in Melbourne for the Seven match of the day against Freo. Another shit crowd on the cards.

Then we get a Saturday night game, at home, against Brisbane. Unfortunately it's on Fox.

Then we get to play Collingwood, finally a decent drawing game again...except it's the Magpies hoke match. At least it's on Seven in the sunday day slot.

Then off to Adelaide to play Port in the early Saturday game on Seven.

Then back in Melbourne to play Melbourne in the early sunday game on Fox.

Then we play Geelong in Geelong at Sunday twilight for maximum inconvenience for all our supporters, before travelling to Cairns to probably lose to Gold Coast on Saturday twilight irrelevance on Fox.

Then finally we get to play Essendon, our turn for the big crowds. But alas, it's Sunday twilight on Fox.

Then down to Tassie to get beaten by Hawthorn on Seven, before we get to play St.Kilda for their home game on Seven on Sunday.

Then the early game on Fox Sunday against North, then the main game on Sunday day against Sydney at home, before finishing off the season in the glorious Sunday twilight spot against GWS.

What a load of crap.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

It's a poor fixture from a fans perspective. I hope we are being very well compensated for it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't the Saints Friday night game the ANZAC game in NZ? Disappointed we don't have Good Friday footy, we'd just about be the only club in the AFL with no serious rival or showcase games.

Post Thanks / Like

As much as its a shocker soupaman - your write up at least gave me a laugh. A steaming pile of what you said