Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  49
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldog Team of the Century 2000-2100: Nominations Open:

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Is Eaton Wood earning that spare spot in defense? Premiership captain, Best and fairest etc.

It be great if this continues over the whole hundred years .
    And the Bont.
    Rules are 100 games to qualify with Bonts (see OP). I'm surprised no one has already nominated Easton, any poster can nominate a player following the format all posters have used to date. So when he's nominated, he will slot into an amazing backline (and only 17 years in so far). They'd never get beaten, and if they needed reinforcements, well Bevo can just swing Chris Grant to CHB for a while!

The real kicker for us, and we will need a special WOOF council, is if say Roughy is nominated soon (he's played over 100 games). We either say this TOTC can carry three ruckman (Roughy, Darcy & Minson) or the council will have to make a decision to temporarily or permanently leave one out.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

That means Libba becomes eligible this week.

Might have to have special dispensation for tha Bont.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

That means Libba becomes eligible this week.

Might have to have special dispensation for tha Bont.
    Yep, someone has to nominate him though explaining exactly why he deserves to be in and his accolades. They're good reads. Would add a hard edge to the midfield group and would probably push Picken into the forwardline. A good problem to have. Again, anyone can nominate any player in line with the thread guidelines in the OP...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Again, anyone can nominate any player in line with the thread guidelines in the OP...
    The team's looking pretty full considering we're less than 20% into the century
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    The team's looking pretty full considering we're less than 20% into the century
    True!

The challenge will be in 4-8 years of cutting players out, we are in the easy phase now.

Post Thanks / Like

True!

The challenge will be in 4-8 years of cutting players out, we are in the easy phase now.
    Be lots of changes over time but with Wood, JJ (depending on contracts) T.Boyd and Roughie, IMO Eagleton, Minson and Shaggy look to be in the most immediate danger of missing out.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder who will be around in 2100 to finalize the team?

9. Likes bulldogtragic, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    BT is ageless
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes bulldogtragic, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    BT is ageless
    Already ahead of y'all. I've had my consciousness uploaded into the Internet and left my physical body behind. I'm here forever.

13. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Already ahead of y'all. I've had my consciousness uploaded into the Internet and left my physical body behind. I'm here forever.
    I may join you and see if I can hit 500,000 posts
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs Team of The Century Squad - As Nominated By You, The WOOFERS is Developing Like This:

B: Hargrave Lake Vacant
    HB: R. Smith Morris Murphy
    C: Eagleton West Vacant
    HF: Vacant C. Grant Vacant
    F: Johnson Vacant Vacant
    R: Darcy, M. Boyd, Picken
    Int: Minson, Vacant, Vacant, Vacant

Tough to pick a captain.
    Coaches to pick from: Wallace, Rhode, Eade, McCartney, Beveridge
    Bevo as coach right now. The captain that's a tough one.

Quite a few changes I'd imagine to that team stated in 2015. Bonti, Libba, Wallis potentially
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Like any organisation, succession planning is critical.

18. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When do previously nominated players start getting shoved out by current premiership stars? Eagleton stands out as a very weak link in that side, with the likes of Macrae & even Hunter breathing down his neck.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    When do previously nominated players start getting shoved out by current premiership stars? Eagleton stands out as a very weak link in that side, with the likes of Macrae & even Hunter breathing down his neck.
    Good question. As soon as a player hits 100 games for the Dogs, any woofer is free to nominate them for inclusion into the squad. There's a few outstanding players that surprisingly haven't yet been nominated by any woofers. Once that occurs we will have some work to do.

So the process will be any players considered not best 18 will get pushed to the bench initially, and if there's a clash which could occur, say if Roughead was nominated for ruck (Roughy, Darcy & Minson), then I will commence the article 36 process on behalf of WOOF. That being a seperate specific voting and discussion thread where majority rules will determine any players to leave the rolling squad (temporarily or permanently) where they are replaced by a new, better player. I've envoked the 'nuclear option' to ensure no philabusting or other manipulation of the nominee vetting process.

Once more nomination posts are submitted, it will be a really interesting and thoughtful thread testing stats and our perceptions of retired players against new nominees current credentials. With a great articulate group of dogs observers on WOOF, I'm really looking forward to this next stage over the years ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Good question. As soon as a player hits 100 games for the Dogs, any woofer is free to nominate them for inclusion into the squad. There's a few outstanding players that surprisingly haven't yet been nominated by any woofers. Once that occurs we will have some work to do.

So the process will be any players considered not best 18 will get pushed to the bench initially, and if there's a clash which could occur, say if Roughead was nominated for ruck (Roughy, Darcy & Minson), then I will commence the article 36 process on behalf of WOOF. That being a seperate specific voting and discussion thread where majority rules will determine any players to leave the rolling squad (temporarily or permanently) where they are replaced by a new, better player. I've envoked the 'nuclear option' to ensure no philabusting or other manipulation of the nominee vetting process.

Once more nomination posts are submitted, it will be a really interesting and thoughtful thread testing stats and our perceptions of retired players against new nominees current credentials. With a great articulate group of dogs observers on WOOF, I'm really looking forward to this next stage over the years ahead.
    I'm happy to take one for the team and nominate any player that will force Eagleton out.

22. Likes Twodogs, bulldogtragic liked this post