Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  460
Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marcus Bontempelli

Bonts is a champion. Fantastic news. We are so fortunate to have picked him up. He leads and inspires those around him. You can see the players will go to battle for him. Just awesome respect.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Thanks angelopetraglia, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Just when you think you can’t love him anymore..... you watch something like this and realise why Bevo goes on an 8 minute tangent about how good a person he is every time he’s asked about Bont.

His articulation of his impact on games right now is the stuff of real leadership.

Go Bont!

Post Thanks / Like

How lucky we are...

Post Thanks / Like

The gift that keeps on giving. Thank you St Kilda, again, for not taking him. He will be one of the greatest to ever play the game and an upstanding citizen to boot. We are very fortunate to have him leading our club. I need to remind myself how lucky it is to watch him play for us.

Post Thanks / Like

I have thought long and hard about this. He is the best player in my lifetime of watching the Dogs. Chris Grant second.
    Bont plays on a whole higher level to anyone else. There are many incredible human beings who play this game, but Bont plays like a god.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah he's better than any Bulldog I have seen.

9. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah he's better than any Bulldog I have seen.
    I think he's reached the point where he knows exactly where he stands now, has accepted it and is doing what it takes to make the most of his ability. He's become a colossus, a player the opposition fans despair when he is anywhere near the ball.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    I have thought long and hard about this. He is the best player in my lifetime of watching the Dogs. Chris Grant second.
    Bont plays on a whole higher level to anyone else. There are many incredible human beings who play this game, but Bont plays like a god.
    I can't concede the Grant dilemma.

Grant played CHB, CHF. The hardest positions in AFL. Yes we laud mids but it's a complete misrepresentation.

Grant is the best ever. Hawkins is the second best.(I've seen)

Marcus is going to match both of them, but he hasn't passed them yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Marcus. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

The Bont! I never feared he wouldn't sign, he's Bulldog through and through
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

14. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Templeton is second for mine. Although nobody dominated a season like KT did in 1980 Bont is a premiership b&f and put us in front in a preliminary final. When I saw it was him that JJ had kicked it front of in that game there was no other player in our history I would have trusted to kick that goal.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Templeton is second for mine. Although nobody dominated a season like KT did in 1980 Bont is a premiership b&f and put us in front in a preliminary final. When I saw it was him that JJ had kicked it front of in that game there was no other player in our history I would have trusted to kick that goal.
    Where does the Hawk rate TD? I was at the G in 86 when he did his knee it was like a wake afterwards.
    He was Bont level revered. Never seen a more gifted footballer.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely wrapped; this is as great as Grant knocking the offers back in 96.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Too early for comparisons of best ever Bulldog. Let's wait until his career is over. Let's just enjoy the journey while it lasts. I recall having the same thoughts about Grant or Johnson ... they are only 25 ... many years to go. Before you know it, their career is over.

Let's enjoy watching the great man go about his business for a few more years and remember that we are watching absolute greatness. It's a privilege and I want to savor every single moment.

19. Likes Grantysghost, Bulldog Joe liked this post