Thanks Thanks:  73
Likes Likes:  455
Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marcus Bontempelli

I’d be happy w $10m over 8 years if his hip condition isn’t degenerative.

2. Likes WBFC4FFC, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now....... maybe I'm the lamest man in Australia, but despite the fact it's Friday night and I should be 'a rocking' out there somewhere in the world's most liveable city, I'm taking some pleasure reading this thread from the start. From the first post down.

It unwinds like a Tolstoy epic. The backers, the doubters, the sideways glances....... people who are so damn CONVINCED they know the score..........the trajectories of all the characters in play. The chosen ones.........the untouchables.........the passage of time that transforms not only the characters but the observers. The slow realisation, that something special is unfolding........

And.... once the battle is over, and many young men's careers have been judged, transformed........and, yes destroyed.

WE can now judge the colonels and generals. The decision makers......

..... because one heroic figure emerges from the mist and smoke of battle.......one champion.........the dark horse.........

Marcus Bontempelli.

What a great and brave decision to take him at pick 4.

4. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Scharenberg is a much safer option than Bontempelli and should be selected on that basis. Bomtempelli may end up a better player but we won't be disappointed with Scharenberg and their is more risk with Bontempelli.
    Lol you're an idiot.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Lol you're an idiot.
    Ha ha that's gold.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine the Bont at the Pies shudder.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Bonts now two votes clear on top of the afl coaches award. Two over Tim Kelly and 10 over Cripps. Hope he stays there, and a sign about Charlie later in the year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Bonts now two votes clear on top of the afl coaches award. Two over Tim Kelly and 10 over Cripps. Hope he stays there, and a sign about Charlie later in the year.
    My biggest fear is we as a club are wasting Bontempelli and his prime years.

With his ability and players around him we should be playing finals.

It’s extremely disappointing we don’t get to see him more on the big stage and surely this comes into play when he signs his next contract.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

It’s extremely disappointing we don’t get to see him more on the big stage and surely this comes into play when he signs his next contract.
    As opposed to Carlton with Cripps who has carried a massive load whilst playing for a bottom 2 or 3 team. At least Bont has climbed the highest mountain, Carlton are struggling to climb Mt. Wycheproof.

We aren’t far away from being a force again and I think Bont can see that.

12. Likes Bulldog4life, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep

There is something to that view. We need to be more competitive in the next few years.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There is something to that view. We need to be more competitive in the next few years.
    I think we will be. This trade and draft period is so important for us to take the next step.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep

I can't bear to think about this.

With the emergence of Naughton and Smith, though, there is another superstar tier below him. I think there is another flag over the next three years, with smart recruiting to fill the void in the backline where there is a lack of class. Having said that, our premiership-winning defence did consist of three rookies (M Boyd, D Morris and the Norm Smith medallist JJ), a bloke who hasn't been able to get a game for most of the following years (Roberts) and rejects from Geelong and Sydney (Biggs and Hamling), so it's not always about having absolute silk, but the chemistry, buy-in and game plan. Anyway back to Bont. He was unbelievable on Sunday. Without him we'd have lost by 10 goals. Sign him forever please.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

16. Likes WBFC4FFC, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep

Don't worry. The Bont hasn't reached his Prime yet.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

18. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

AFL Coaches Award - Two rounds left.

VOTES PLAYER CLUB

93 Marcus Bontempelli WB
    86 Tim Kelly GEEL
    83 Nat Fyfe FRE
    78 Patrick Cripps CARL
    76 Luke Shuey WCE
    73 Lachie Neale BL
    72 Patrick Dangerfield GEEL
    68 Brodie Grundy COLL
    67 Travis Boak PORT
    65 Ben Cunnington NMFC
    64 Jack Macrae WB
    62 Josh Dunkley WB

3 of the best 11 midfielders according to the AFEL coaches. Our 3 are also 3 of the 4 youngest on the list.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

20. Likes ratsmac, jeemak, Bulldog4life, 1eyedog, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    As opposed to Carlton with Cripps who has carried a massive load whilst playing for a bottom 2 or 3 team. At least Bont has climbed the highest mountain, Carlton are struggling to climb Mt. Wycheproof.

We aren’t far away from being a force again and I think Bont can see that.
    I really hope so Mantis.

I'm sure like you, we couldn't care less about Carlton and Cripps and if they ever leave princess park car park.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope so Mantis.

I'm sure like you, we couldn't care less about Carlton and Cripps and if they ever leave princess park car park.
    Oh I wouldn’t mind Cripps leaving and finding a home in Barkly st Footscray.
    Bring back the biff

23. Likes Max469 liked this post