Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  460
Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1075
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marcus Bontempelli

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Is that a goat above the left bontemnipple..?
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Not Bitter Anymore! View Post
    I thought that too very appropriate
    I've heard that he was born with it.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Bont has undergone ankle surgery but says he should be right for pre-season training.

Western Bulldogs captain Marcus Bontempelli underwent ankle surgery on Monday, after noticing some swelling at pre-season training.

The star midfielder had just returned from some time away in Canada and the U.S, but says the ankle was giving him a few issues and the club felt it was best to get the procedure done as soon as possible.

Bontempelli says he expects to be back up and running for the November 27 beginning of pre-season training.

“I’ll move to ease everyone’s tensions or concerns, it’s just a little ankle clean-up,” he told SEN Breakfast.

“Got through the season and whatnot pretty good and then had my break, started training and noticed a few little signs, a little bit of swelling and it was staying a little bit angry post-session since coming back from my off-season trip.

“So we just decided it was better to act now rather than pushing into the pre-season and then season, going for a little tidy up.

“Should still be well and truly on track to get things going once we’re back on the 27th of November.

“No big concern here, better to act sooner rather than later and get going. Should be (walking) properly by the end of the week.”

Bontempelli will still have a busy November, with the launch of his second children’s book – Little Bont’s Brave Play.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Bont has undergone ankle surgery but says he should be right for pre-season training.

Western Bulldogs captain Marcus Bontempelli underwent ankle surgery on Monday, after noticing some swelling at pre-season training.

The star midfielder had just returned from some time away in Canada and the U.S, but says the ankle was giving him a few issues and the club felt it was best to get the procedure done as soon as possible.

Bontempelli says he expects to be back up and running for the November 27 beginning of pre-season training.

“I’ll move to ease everyone’s tensions or concerns, it’s just a little ankle clean-up,” he told SEN Breakfast.

“Got through the season and whatnot pretty good and then had my break, started training and noticed a few little signs, a little bit of swelling and it was staying a little bit angry post-session since coming back from my off-season trip.

“So we just decided it was better to act now rather than pushing into the pre-season and then season, going for a little tidy up.

“Should still be well and truly on track to get things going once we’re back on the 27th of November.

“No big concern here, better to act sooner rather than later and get going. Should be (walking) properly by the end of the week.”

Bontempelli will still have a busy November, with the launch of his second children’s book – Little Bont’s Brave Play.

I for one am relieved we didn't leave this until round one.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Bont.

100 games as captain this weekend.

My favourite bulldog player ever…
    More of an In Bruges guy?

5. Likes GVGjr, EasternWest, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just reading the first few posts in this thread when we discussed whether to take him and who was ahead of him in the draft.
    It goes to show we have no idea as fans.
    Scharenburg was apparently a better pick who ended up playing 41 games but had 3? ACLs and was delisted.
    If you’re ever bored and want a giggle go back and look at long threads on our draft threads.
    Please don’t look at the posters though.
    We dont know the future and we probably rate as good as the so called “experts” in getting it wrong more times than right.
    Bring back the biff

7. Likes my plums, EasternWest, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

‘That’s trouble’: Dogs’ ‘elephant in room’ as ‘frustrated’ superstar’s future in doubt

Superstar Marcus Bontempelli’s status as a one-club player is increasingly up in the air, with reports that the league’s best midfielder is unwilling to commit too far in advance on a new contract - despite his wishes to stay loyal to the Western Bulldogs.

As brought to light by Herald Sun journalist Scott Gullan on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle, the Bulldogs captain has been ‘sitting back’ on the idea of re-signing with the club beyond 2025.

“I feel like we tiptoed around the status of the captain, Marcus Bontempelli – he hasn’t been a big talking point so far, where do you think he stands in the clubs melee?” asked Midweek Tackle host and fellow Herald Sun journalist Jay Clark.

“There’s a lot of elephants in the room out at Whitten Oval, and this is one of the biggest ones,” Gullan replied.

“While everyone’s talking about Naughton re-signing, Jamarra, English; Bontempelli comes out (of contract) at the end of 2025 – next year.

“You would think that their best player, you would get on one of these eight or nine-year deals, it hasn’t happened.

“Marcus is sitting back – because I know for a fact that over the summer he was very frustrated, he spoke to several people about the messiness of Whitten Oval (between coach Luke Beveridge, and football director Chris Grant).”

Bontempelli has traditionally been a player who extends his tenure at the Bulldogs in short-term deals (compared to other star players), with this situation on face value seemingly no different.

The 28-year-old signed his current four-year deal to stay at Whitten Oval in May of 2021.

Before that, he received a two-year contract extension in 2018 – signed one year before his previous contract was set to run out.

However, it is the understanding of Gullan that his continued faithfulness to the club that drafted him at Pick #4 in 2013 is no longer guaranteed, should cultural differences between key personnel and team success not be positively rectified.

In a shock to no one, the 221-game player would attract any club in the league that can afford him; should he opt out of his dozen years at the Bulldogs come the end of 2025.

“There are people who have things to do with Marcus who have said ‘I wouldn’t be shocked if he left,’ – now that’s stunning, a lot of water has to go under the bridge, but the point is he’s very frustrated,” added Gullan.

“He’s very loyal Bont obviously – he wants to be there – but this is a reality, and if things continue to go down this path, and he get to the end of this year and he still hasn’t re-signed, that is trouble.

“A lot of people are watching how this plays out, including the captain, who’s frustrated and you see that on the weekend.”

Averaging 25 disposals, 1.4 goals and nearly seven clearances a game so far this season, ‘The Bont’ has been in evergreen form; contrary to his side’s topsy-turvy start in 2024.

The five-time All-Australian has been captain of the Western Bulldogs since 2020, and has kicked 207 goals to date – a seriously impressive ratio in front of the big sticks given his predominant role as an inside midfielder.

The Bulldogs clash tonight with the Bombers – a must-win match for Luke Beveridge’s men if they are to stay in touch with the top eight in the short-term.

LINK
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

If you like reading crap.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

10. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"Superstar Marcus Bontempelli?s status as a one-club player is increasingly up in the air, with reports that the league?s best midfielder is unwilling to commit too far in advance on a new contract - despite his wishes to stay loyal to the Western Bulldogs."

12. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a new show with the AFLs star journalists on display (as advertised by FOX).

In trying to get in on the Bulldogs pile on they've reached and none of the other syndicated offerings have caught on yet.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

It might be true. Players are less likely to hang around these days.
    It's highly unlikely, we should get our shit together quick smart though just in case.

Post Thanks / Like

Anything for a story

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The guy has nearly two seasons under contract… seems an odd story when we have a string of actual uncontracted players…
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

That the normal mudrakers have not even gone near this suggest to me that there is nothing in it. If there was even 1% truth in this, do you think Morris, Clearly and Damo would not be running with it or trying to manufacture something?

18. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn’t that article from last week? Are they re-running it? I don’t think it holds much water

Post Thanks / Like

Could you imagine the lambasting we'd get if we prioritised Bont's signature right now instead of the three key out of contract players?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.