Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  460
Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1075
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marcus Bontempelli

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It's that school teacher coolness he has going for him.
    Oh come on. Who can say if its true or not?
    B-Mac was a Bulldogs coach. He may have not been the best, but he wore the colours. If it's true well, thanks B-Mac.
    I'm sure he did his best. However, I remember some interviews with Simon where he gave details about why Bont was taken. Extra reach and such. Who knows how it went down.

Anyway, like Brendan and Shaw, Teague is struggling too, despite being highly rated at the Crows. It's one thing to be a good assistant coach. It's another to succeed in the cut-throat world of head coach.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He does pump his own tyres.
    AshMac or BMAC?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    AshMac or BMAC?
    haha
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Lmao of course he was.

I don’t doubt that he told you this. I just doubt that it, you know, happened.

yeh he was bitter. furiously so. used to really unleash
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    AshMac or BMAC?
    both
    The dam wall has busted!

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    both
    Is that you? Brendan?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Oh come on. Who can say if its true or not?
    B-Mac was a Bulldogs coach. He may have not been the best, but he wore the colours. If it's true well, thanks B-Mac.
    I'm sure he did his best. However, I remember some interviews with Simon where he gave details about why Bont was taken. Extra reach and such. Who knows how it went down.

Anyway, like Brendan and Shaw, Teague is struggling too, despite being highly rated at the Crows. It's one thing to be a good assistant coach. It's another to succeed in the cut-throat world of head coach.
    When he was first appointed I asked a guy I knew from Geelong about him. His exact quote was "top of the line sergeant Major but he's just not officer material"
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Anyway - Bont came up one day and he told me that Dalrymple was resolute on Aish; BMac had to put his foot down and force Bont through. Said when he went out to watch him play juniors he was the best player he'd seen "since watching Gaz as a junior with Bomber Thompson"
    It's not a great secret that SD and I aren't great mates but he was 100% paddling the Bont canoe leading into that draft.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I'm sure he did his best.
    Was it worse being a fan when B-Mac was coaching or when P-Rohde (aka "Our Mastermind") was coaching.

At least their was comedy in the Rohde years. B-Mac had us playing the most BORING footy in the history of the world. And then he would tell us about the 'fine young men' in the side. C'mon - I lived through this and so did you...we were all relieved when it was over!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Was it worse being a fan when B-Mac was coaching or when P-Rohde (aka "Our Mastermind") was coaching.

At least their was comedy in the Rohde years. B-Mac had us playing the most BORING footy in the history of the world. And then he would tell us about the 'fine young men' in the side. C'mon - I lived through this and so did you...we were all relieved when it was over!
    It was basically like having a chore to do each week. It was a relief when we'd get smashed early so I could go do something (anything) else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

B-Mac sucked and almost ruined the careers of several guys who ended up being premiership players.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

13. Likes bornadog, Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    B-Mac sucked and almost ruined the careers of several guys who ended up being premiership players.
    He had the right idea I think at heart re defence first. But he didn’t seem to have a plan after that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He had the right idea I think at heart re defence first. But he didn’t seem to have a plan after that.
    What irritates me is people thought BMAC made us a contested Poss team, yet we were under Rocket anyway (top 3 for CP)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Did EJ have little EJ dolls in the homes of the leagues best players and their kids? This generation’s Mr Football. Just needs to start calling everyone Knackers.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023