Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  460
Page 36 of 72 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marcus Bontempelli

Really happy for Mission too. Their sponsorship paid off big time, numerous clips in the promo on the front and back of the jumper worn by Hemsworth, being Bont, for the AFEL launch. They must be happy too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Really happy for Mission too. Their sponsorship paid off big time, numerous clips in the promo on the front and back of the jumper worn by Hemsworth, being Bont, for the AFEL launch. They must be happy too.
    At the season Launch, the club honoured Mission for their support. Peter also mentioned, the Mission President (who was at the GF and on the ground afterwards), took a copy of the DVD back to Mexico and showed it to all 2000 plus employees.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Hemsworth owes me, says Bontempelli

MARCUS Bontempelli says Chris Hemsworth owes him, after the Hollywood star donned his jumper in the AFL's new television commercial.

As part of the larger campaign Bontempelli is set to be plastered on billboards up and down Australia's east coast along with Sydney's Josh Kennedy, West Coast's Josh Kennedy and GWS forward Jeremy Cameron.

The TV campaign, which builds on the 1990s advertising sensation "I'd like to see that," has been revived to appeal to both new and old AFL fans.

“He is a genuine superstar so it is pretty amazing to be part of this campaign. When I told my family, my sisters seemed more excited to see him in my jumper than me, he owes me one,” Bontempelli said.

AFL head of marketing Julian Dunne said that the broader AFL marketing campaign highlights what makes the game unique and spectacular, the live experience, the incredible skills of the players and the passion of the fans.

“The Western Bulldogs premiership win is one of the great sporting stories, and with Chris being such a huge Bulldogs fan, he was a natural fit," AFL marketing head Julian Dunne said.

“He was really passionate about the campaign and involved through the whole process, including the idea and the script. He was brilliant to work with and we were thrilled that he wanted to be involved,” he said.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks bulldogtragic, N/A, Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes Topdog, dadsgirl16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Back to his brilliant best:

6. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jesus H. Christ he's good at this footy caper!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else enjoy going back to the start of this thread and wallow in the sheer joy of the fact that we made the right call in selecting Bont? In character, in leadership, in on-field temperament - oh and outlandish ability - he was just about the most critical selection for us ever to get right, and for once, we did!
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

9. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Never doubted him. He's certain to become a champion.
    Sure was.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Marcus Bontempelli

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Does anyone else enjoy going back to the start of this thread and wallow in the sheer joy of the fact that we made the right call in selecting Bont? In character, in leadership, in on-field temperament - oh and outlandish ability - he was just about the most critical selection for us ever to get right, and for once, we did!

We've been cooking with gas as an organisation for a while now. But my two favourite decisions was when Dal called out Bont's name and when Luke Darcy said "just before we finish up our coaching sub-committee and make a recommendation we should make room to talk to Luke Beveridge." and some genius said "OK"

12. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    We've been cooking with gas as an organisation for a while now. But my two favourite decisions was when Dal called out Bont's name and when Luke Darcy said "just before we finish up our coaching sub-committee and make a recommendation we should make room to talk to Luke Beveridge." and some genius said "OK"
    As well as "letting" some of the older guys go (aside from Griffen) who were stopping some of the younger guys from getting a game.

14. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    As well as "letting" some of the older guys go (aside from Griffen) who were stopping some of the younger guys from getting a game.

Griffen got us Boyd which got us a premiership. The others may have been stopping some of the younger guys from getting a game but Griff was stopping us getting a flag.

Post Thanks / Like

The Bont is building some very steady form, a few current statistical streaks for him;

20 disposals or more in a game - 13 games
    3 Inside 50s or more in a game - 13 games
    10 contested possesions or more- 9 games
    4 tackles or more in a game - 8 games
    10 handballs or more in a game - 6 games
    2 Contested marks or more in a game- 4 games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    The Bont is building some very steady form, a few current statistical streaks for him;

20 disposals or more in a game - 13 games
    3 Inside 50s or more in a game - 13 games
    10 contested possesions or more- 9 games
    4 tackles or more in a game - 8 games
    10 handballs or more in a game - 6 games
    2 Contested marks or more in a game- 4 games.
    And every bulldog supporters favorite ever contested mark v the good bloke against hawthorn last year.

18. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bontempelli. It's not an easy name to forget. Suporters of opposition clubs are going to be haunted by his name for the next 12 -15 years. The Bont can do it all - on-field or off and whatever good fortune comes his way he deserves because he is humble, team oriented and just a brilliant player and person.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

20. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Chris Grant before him, I wonder how many stupid mega offers will start rolling into his manager and just how mega they might be. If Kelly is worth the alleged 9 years, $9,000,000 offer, then surely Bont's worth to a North, Brisbane, GCS or Carlton at least 10 years, $12,000,000 (plus AFL Ambassadorship income). Maybe a popular McDonald's franchise as a sweetener....

I don't think he will ever leave, as he's our captain next year, but I'd love to know what the mega offers are as they start to come in.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Wins more games for his club than any other player in the comp. Will also be the best player in the comp in 2-3 years.

Discussed on SEN this morning and all agreed re. the above.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.