Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  460
Page 43 of 72 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marcus Bontempelli

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The one goal that The Bont kicks is the clutch goals in the last quarter, but yeah, does miss some easy ones during a game.
    Plenty of clutch goals in the last quarter in the last 2 seasons. This year - against the Lions, Essendon and Sydney (round 2).
    Last year, v GWS in the prelim, Richmond, Port and Adelaide.

Always back him when the game is up for grabs late.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    So how can you slag off their bottom 6 if you have no idea who they actually are? To save you the troubles they are performing as well as the likes of Dunkley, Roberts, McLean, Smith, etc.. did for us last year.

Anyway the Bont is really good.. just wish he would kick the ball through the big sticks a little more.
    Even if I weren't a bulldog supporter I still would have known who Smith, McLean, Dunkley were by this time last year. Maybe I would have struggled with Roberts because our defence was so no name. But Smith had been on the list for years and was our Menzell in that he'd almost had more recons than he'd played games, Dunks was Andrew Dunkley's boy so I'd want to see whether the swans had missed out on a good one and McLean is the kid who gets all those head high free kicks when he ducks his head.

They might have been bottom six but I would have known a bit about them. I don't know anything about half the Richmond team. It's probably my contempt for Richmond but I'll adjust that when they win something.

Actually I can vividly remember what it's like when Richmond win a flag. It's awful the bullshit flows worse than when Collingwood win a flag. And that was in the days before the Internet and sports talkback radio. If it ever happens I'm just going to hide in a dark room with no electricity or mobile phone reception.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

3. Likes boydogs, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So how can you slag off their bottom 6 if you have no idea who they actually are? To save you the troubles they are performing as well as the likes of Dunkley, Roberts, McLean, Smith, etc.. did for us last year.
    I suppose we will have to wait to see how they perform in the finals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Even if I weren't a bulldog supporter I still would have known who Smith, McLean, Dunkley were by this time last year. Maybe I would have struggled with Roberts because our defence was so no name. But Smith had been on the list for years and was our Menzell in that he'd almost had more recons than he'd played games, Dunks was Andrew Dunkley's boy so I'd want to see whether the swans had missed out on a good one and McLean is the kid who gets all those head high free kicks when he ducks his head.

They might have been bottom six but I would have known a bit about them. I don't know anything about half the Richmond team. It's probably my contempt for Richmond but I'll adjust that when they win something.

Actually I can vividly remember what it's like when Richmond win a flag. It's awful the bullshit flows worse than when Collingwood win a flag. And that was in the days before the Internet and sports talkback radio. If it ever happens I'm just going to hide in a dark room with no electricity or mobile phone reception.
    Biased much? How would opposition supporters know anything about our lower ranked players when we were more irrelevant than Richmond?

If you are going to state an opinion at least have the ability to back it up.

6. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I very much doubt it. Richmond won't win dick.

It's not your best 6 players that win you premierships, it's your worst 6 and Richmond's worst 6 are pretty bad.

Biased much? How would opposition supporters know anything about our lower ranked players when we were more irrelevant than Richmond?

For what it's worth their current bottom six would be McIntosh, Butler, Broad, Miles, Soldo and Ellis. With Riewoldt likely to come back probably switch out Soldo / Broad for Castagna.

Post Thanks / Like

The bit where I said "it's probably my contempt for Richmond" may have indicated my bias to most people. Apologies if it was a bit oblique for you.

Post Thanks / Like

What we need to do now is marry off the Bont to that woman footballer from Adelaide. Encourage them to have mutiple children ( as in about 10 ) all boys and the club has no problem with draft pics in 18 years . Even save on paying for a recruiter. :-)
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

The bit where I said "it's probably my contempt for Richmond" may have indicated my bias to most people. Apologies if it was a bit oblique for you.
    You get challenged about your comment and then rather than answering the query you divert by stating you have 'contempt for that team'... Why state the opinion in the first place? Best you stick to derailing threads.

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    What we need to do now is marry off the Bont to that woman footballer from Adelaide. Encourage them to have mutiple children ( as in about 10 ) all boys and the club has no problem with draft pics in 18 years . Even save on paying for a recruiter. :-)
    'That' woman footballer from Adelaide.. As in Erin Phillips who won every individual award available in the AFLW's start up season?? The same Erin Phillips who is in a long term relationship and has 2 kids?

Post Thanks / Like

You get challenged about your comment and then rather than answering the query you divert by stating you have 'contempt for that team'... Why state the opinion in the first place? Best you stick to derailing threads
    You can't see the analogous nature of contempt and bias?. Best you learn to read.

Post Thanks / Like

You can't see the analogous nature of contempt and bias?. Best you learn to read.
    As always you take the conversation to places it doesn't need to go... Best I won't be asking for your opinion again.

Post Thanks / Like

I could work my hatred for Richmond into any conversation.

Post Thanks / Like

As always you take the conversation to places it doesn't need to go... Best I won't be asking for your opinion again.
    You called me biased and I agreed. What's the problem?

Like I said it's not my problem if you can't comprehend.

Post Thanks / Like

'That' woman footballer from Adelaide.. As in Erin Phillips who won every individual award available in the AFLW's start up season?? The same Erin Phillips who is in a long term relationship and has 2 kids?
    Yep that would be the one. So you are saying we have to first break up a relationship?

Ps. My comment is as tongue in cheek as ledge's original comment was.

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Yep that would be the one. So you are saying we have to first break up a relationship?

Ps. My comment is as tongue in cheek as ledge's original comment was.
    May need Marcus to get in touch with Caitlyn.

Post Thanks / Like

Back on track please

Marcus Bontempelli could end up ‘the best player the club’s ever had’, says AFL great Gerard Healy

MARCUS Bontempelli could end his career as the greatest player in the history of the Western Bulldogs, according to AFL great and former Brownlow Medal winner Gerard Healy.

At just 21, Bontempelli is already a best and fairest winner in a premiership year for the Bulldogs and has continued his rapid rate of improvement across the last 12 months.

He was again at his heroic best in Saturday evening’s victory over Brisbane, dragging his team over the line with 23 disposals and two goals as the Dogs kept their finals hopes alive.It was another superb individual display from Bontempelli, who Healy believes has the ability to surpass Footscray legend EJ Whitten as the best player in the club’s history.

“He is capable of reinventing forward-midfield play,” Healy said on Fox Footy’s On The Couch.

“He’s an extraordinary talent, this bloke.“I’m not sure how good a player he can be in the history of that club, but he could well end up being the best player the club’s ever had — even greater than the great EJ Whitten.

Bontempelli followed in Whitten’s footsteps by claiming his first club best and fairest in a premiership season and also played an integral role on grand final day.Now, the young superstar is breathing life into the club’s slim hopes of going back-to-back and remains one of the sole reasons why the Dogs are still a flag threat heading into September.

However, according to dual premiership player David King, Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge must continue to persist with Bontempelli forward in order to give them that opportunity.

“This is why they’re still a chance,” King said.“On the back of one man, he can be everything to them.“Going forward of centre, I think he can be like Dustin Martin.

He’s kicked six goals in four weeks, but he could have kicked six on the weekend. It was that sort of game.
    “It’s about maximising your assets and putting him where he’s going to do the most damage. We’ve seen Robbie Gray go forward and we’ve seen Dustin Martin do the same thing.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post