Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  460
Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marcus Bontempelli

Can he win a Brownlow? I think he can if he plays on the midfield but he's playing more forward at the moment. Although it didn't matter on Saturday he played a lot of the game forward and was still most people's BOG.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Can he win a Brownlow? I think he can if he plays on the midfield but he's playing more forward at the moment. Although it didn't matter on Saturday he played a lot of the game forward and was still most people's BOG.
    He got maximum 10 votes in the coaches award as well
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

3. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Should be interesting to see how he polls this year. Get a feel if the umpires like him , no reason why they shouldn't, he is not a sniper or back chats at all, just a smooth operator.
    For what it's worth I think Hunter will do well.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Should be interesting to see how he polls this year. Get a feel if the umpires like him , no reason why they shouldn't, he is not a sniper or back chats at all, just a smooth operator.
    For what it's worth I think Hunter will do well.
    I expect these players to poll quite well Bont, Hunter, Macrae, Daniel, Wallis, McLean
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that the comment was made on telly when we played the Lions that on his day he is the best player in the comp. Good to see some in the media rate him.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Interesting that the comment was made on telly when we played the Lions that on his day he is the best player in the comp. Good to see some in the media rate him.
    Who in the media doesn't?

I did take note that Jon Ralph didn't have Bont in his squad off 40 for AA honours a week or so back, his lack of knowledge is astounding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Who in the media doesn't?

I did take note that Jon Ralph didn't have Bont in his squad off 40 for AA honours a week or so back, his lack of knowledge is astounding.
    Saw that also. Surely Bont is a walk up start for half forward flank in the AA team this year (half forward being the way they can squeeze extra midfielders into the team - and where the goal kicking mids generally end up).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    This table would suggest that he can win it. Franklin and Riewoldt consistently up there in brownlow voting. He's a chance wherever he plays.

http://afltables.com/afl/brownlow/totals0.html

10. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    This table would suggest that he can win it. Franklin and Riewoldt consistently up there in brownlow voting. He's a chance wherever he plays.

http://afltables.com/afl/brownlow/totals0.html
    In his 58 games of regular season footy the Bont has 10 x 3 votes, so in 17.2% games he gets the 3.

GAjnr leads this stat with 47 in 271, or 17.3%, but he didn't get his first 3 until he played 63 games.. His record between 100-250 games is amazing.

12. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes soupman, boydogs, Raw Toast, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes he can win a Brownlow, not this year as he had a lean 4-5 weeks.

I forgot who it was but someone in the media (maybe Healy) didn't include Bont in a best players under 23 in the comp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Yes he can win a Brownlow, not this year as he had a lean 4-5 weeks.
    If Dusty throws another cheapie before the season is out, Bont would be right in the mix this year.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

15. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    If Dusty throws another cheapie before the season is out, Bont would be right in the mix this year.
    Was thinking that. He had a good first 7 rounds, then a bad 7 rounds, now he's firing again. He gets a lot of best on's in our voting which usually means you're a good chance to poll when both teams are combined

Dusty has it in the bag but Bont would have to be on 15+ votes with 3 rounds left and would be in the conversation if he finished strongly and Dusty got suspended
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Would you even want that Brownlow? You'd never hear the end of how rubbish you are for being the third best player in the comp.

It's all moot anyway, because Dusty could slit someone's throats on field and not go down for it. He was winning it even before Danger got rubbed out, and I'm sure the AFL is well aware of it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

18. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Would you even want that Brownlow? You'd never hear the end of how rubbish you are for being the third best player in the comp.

It's all moot anyway, because Dusty could slit someone's throats on field and not go down for it. He was winning it even before Danger got rubbed out, and I'm sure the AFL is well aware of it.
    Is it right he's only one more fine away from a suspension under the same 3 strike rule that Easton Wood missed a week under?

It could happen. Maybe.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I'd take it. Would be a nice reverse of the Grant fiasco.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"