Thanks Thanks:  73
Likes Likes:  455
Page 46 of 71 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marcus Bontempelli

On Brownlow night - he probably gets the 3 votes in 4 of the last 7 games we have played. I have him at around 18 votes so far this season- and I think that is conservative.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The Bont is still young and inexperienced as a footballer, so is prone to mental and physical lapses very good experienced players are not. His talent is such that these lapses don't impact him as much as they might other young players.
    Can you dumb it down further for me?

Bont. Young but good?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Ironically Billings is by far and away - apart from Kelly or Lever - my most desired player for recruitment across the league.
    Would be interested to know why this is the case. He's a nice player but not one I overly desire. Is it because he's a possible get?

I'd take an inside bull to take over Bont's spot and let Bont dominate up forward. Someone like Jacob Hopper would be perfect.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Can you dumb it down further for me?

Bont. Young but good?

Is Bont? It's good.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Bont a shining light
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Would be interested to know why this is the case. He's a nice player but not one I overly desire. Is it because he's a possible get?

I'd take an inside bull to take over Bont's spot and let Bont dominate up forward. Someone like Jacob Hopper would be perfect.
    He regularly kicks goals, is improving each season and can play in the middle with polish and creativity. I think for his age his numbers are excellent and will only get better.

I'd also like someone to give Bont a chop out, but we need finishers and users desperately and at a slightly higher priority to grunt.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Brace yourselves. We've pretty much announced to the footy world they should come for Bont with a big money offer. If they can get him to agree to a contract the trade will be a simple formality.

That's the downstream effect of being a negotiation lightweight, you paint a target on your head. I'm tipping clubs will be into his manager at 2.01pm
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Brace yourselves. We've pretty much announced to the footy world they should come for Bont with a big money offer. If they can get him to agree to a contract the trade will be a simple formality.

That's the downstream effect of being a negotiation lightweight, you paint a target on your head. I'm tipping clubs will be into his manager at 2.01pm
    Offer Dodoro big money then.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the same. Too superstitious to post it. I'm trying to believe that with Bonts great character the removal of Toxic Jake might make it more likely for Bont to stay but oh god every cent, every effort, every resource must go to keeping Marcus
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I thought the same. Too superstitious to post it. I'm trying to believe that with Bonts great character the removal of Toxic Jake might make it more likely for Bont to stay but oh god every cent, every effort, every resource must go to keeping Marcus
    I hope you're right, but relying on the character of the player to be the reason he stays is an unsustainable strategy. We can't rely on individual character to overcome inept football department staff members.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you're right, but relying on the character of the player to be the reason he stays is an unsustainable strategy. We can't rely on individual character to overcome inept football department staff members.
    Understand the frustration, but we've kept who we've wanted over the past few years... It was clear we wanted Jake gone and with limited suitors we took below market odds (on potential)

Thank *!*!*!*! we have Simon Dalrymple & Luke Beveridge at the club.
    Last edited by Mantis; 19-10-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Understand the frustration, but we've kept who we've wanted over the past few years... It was clear we wanted Jake gone and with limited suitors we took belong market odds (on potential)

Thank *!*!*!*! we have Simon Dalrymple & Luke Beveridge at the club.
    I find it funny people expect to have fruitful negotiations without leverage. In the case of Stringer and Lake we wanted them both gone, and the small world that is the AFL knew about it well and truly before negotiations commenced.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

God I might put some Morrissey on to cheer myself up

14. Likes Raw Toast, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sign him up now on $10million.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If anything I suspect Bont would be impressed we've gotten rid of a player who wasn't professional and brought in a potential high talent forward

I agree that we should look to sign him up long term but I have faith in the club to do it