Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  460
Page 47 of 72 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marcus Bontempelli

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    God I might put some Morrissey on to cheer myself up

I've been listening to that first Boys Next Door album. It's done wonders.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been imagining Trengrove, Schache, Bont linking up, and that will be a difficult match for opposition.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Superstar Dog keen to stay tied to the Kennel

WESTERN Bulldogs superstar Marcus Bontempelli is open to an early extension on his contract that expires at the end of 2019.

The 22-year-old is coming off back-to-back best and fairest awards, and is widely considered one of the best young players in the competition.

With 85 games to his name, a player of his standing and ability would command a monster contract on the open market.

But as he prepares for fifth season in the AFL, Bontempelli told Channel Seven he wouldn’t be adverse to deal that would extend his time at Whitten Oval.

"I’m always happy to look at (a contract extension)," Bontempelli said on Friday.

"It’s a great club which I love being around, but it’s probably an ongoing discussion with the footy club and my manager."

After a few injury interruptions going into Dogs’ underwhelming premiership defence, a seamless pre-season has him primed to help the Dogs return to flag calculations.

"You don’t know how much a little niggle here, a little niggle there is going to influence you, but it certainly sends you in the season a tiny bit underprepared," he said.

"So far, so good (this pre-season because) it’s always nice to get a clean run into the practice games, so fingers crossed it stays that way."

LINK
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

4. Likes N/A, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Give him a couple of million now.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

85 games already, goodness that’s gone quick. Yep, re-sign him soon please. He does way more than on field leadership too eg making Crozier feel welcome by living with him when he moves back fr WA. Already one of the Dogs best ever, and so much more to look forward too.

Still think that goal he kicked against dees at Etihad in his first season from the pocket was best goal I have ever seen in my life. I think I almost wore out my phone putting it on replay again and again. What a gun!!
    Last edited by josie; 17-02-2018 at 06:46 PM.

7. Likes Testekill, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    85 games already, goodness that’s gone quick. Yep, re-sign him soon please. He does way more than on field leadership too eg making Crozier feel welcome by living with him when he moves back fr WA. Already one of the Dogs best game ever, and do much more to look forward too.

Still think that goal he kicked against dees at Etihad in his first season from the pocket was best goal I have ever seen in my life. I think I almost wore out my phone putting it on replay again and again. What a gun!!
    Nope, a standard run down the wing with a few running bounces is apparently far more difficult/exciting.

I wish the AFL had a 'Franchise Player' rule in the salary cap so we could lock this bloke down for life.

9. Likes Testekill, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Nope, a standard run down the wing with a few running bounces is apparently far more difficult/exciting.

I wish the AFL had a 'Franchise Player' rule in the salary cap so we could lock this bloke down for life.
    That would be cool to have that.

Bont not even 100 games yet and has had a massive impact on our footy club. Just a champion.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 18-02-2018 at 03:38 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Mark Stevens

@Stevo7AFL
    Feb 16
    More
    Bontempelli open to talks on early contract extension. His long-term signing massive moment for Dogs. I’d offer seven years, Dusty-like deal. It will be BIG. @7NewsMelbourne

12. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I were Bontempelli I'd go for 4.5 to 5M over 5 years. In 5 years time he will still be young enough to sign another 4 plus year deal at whatever an increased cap will allow.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If I were Bontempelli I'd go for 4.5 to 5M over 5 years. In 5 years time he will still be young enough to sign another 4 plus year deal at whatever an increased cap will allow.
    Do we know who his manager is?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Just do whatever it takes to lock him up for 5+ years.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

16. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we offer up $900K and he takes it, we've made out like bandits.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If we offer up $900K and he takes it, we've made out like bandits.
    I don't think he will be a greedy star and at around a million a year he is well compensated without looking like he is ripping off his club
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

If I were Bont and my management came to me with those figures I'd be thanking them for all they have dome for in the past and politely asking them not to let the door hit them on the arse as they walk back out of it. Then I'd be looking for a manager who was willing to take things seriously. We need to get serious about the fact that the Bont is the best player most of us will see play in our lifetime for the bulldogs or any other club. The kid is barely 21 and he is a premiership playing future captain who is involved with the footy club at a number of levels (Marcus is a leader of men and he cares deeply about his club). So we can start taking football seriously and pay him properly and we will be rewarded or we can continue down the same road we always have and clear Marcus to another club and then sit around feeling sorry for ourselves.

We cant do both.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll say this again: It is just great to be able to watch a player like Marcus play. Is Marcus the EJ of our time?

I wish I was around to watch guys like Dougie Hawkins and Kelvin Templeton play. Kelvin's 13 goals in 1978 at Western Oval would have been great to watch. EJ another who many of our older woofers who watched him play described him as an absolute champion.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"