Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  460
Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marcus Bontempelli

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Like others I would have been super keen to get Scharenberg.... That make me a disappointed at using this pick on Bontempelli. For me it is almost like selection Tom Williams,

Seen as a risk with huge potential, Ah if we could just get him on the park.
    Disagree , lot more highly touted than Tom.

Post Thanks / Like

Has some attributes to like, he clearly is v.good at stoppages, and is great at swinging those ginormous arms free to lay the ball off

I wonder if his left foot has the potential to become elite = others who have seen more may have a more informed opinion

We did a terrific job last year developing Jackson Macrae, and if we can add similar weight to Bonto whilst keeping him moving well, and learning then I'll be delighted

Post Thanks / Like

Just watching his highlights reel, SUPER excited with this selection, very happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Just watching his highlights reel, SUPER excited with this selection, very happy.
    Almost Judd like.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like everyone is deemed similar to Pendlebury.....but you can definitely see Pendles-like traits in Bonts.
    Last edited by always right; 22-11-2013 at 08:47 AM.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll start by learning how to spell his name.
    Welcome to the club Bonts! Very happy to have you.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Seems like everyone is deemed similar to Pendlebury.....but you can definitely see Apendles-like traits in Bonts.
    From his highlights package, I see a little Kouta, Pendles and especially Jared Brennan. Very happy to back the club in on this selection - already looks a natural player and love the idea of selecting players who improve rapidly as their draft season progresses.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of his forward handball work is pretty good from his highlights.

I'm happy enough with the selection. All of the picks to me this year seemed pretty even against each other, meaning it's really up to the experts who test these guys and watch them all year to figure out the small differences they bring to the table.

Welcome Bonts, may you turn into the lovechild of Pendlebury and Kouta within your first year, and dominate under erroneous supporter expectations from your very first day at the club.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty pleased ( but then again everyone is)
    Fuller looks ready made with that thumping left foot kick
    Honeychurch reminds me of Dahlhaus
    Bontempelli sounds a very level headed kid with a truckload of dare I say it, upside.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Seems like everyone is deemed similar to Pendlebury.....but you can definitely see Apendles-like traits in Bonts.
    Most definitely. With a touch of Brennan ( not stack )
    Ballsy decision lets hope it work out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Most definitely. With a touch of Brennan ( not stack )
    Ballsy decision lets hope it work out
    Bont-A-Go-Go?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Marcus, here's hoping that he can have a long career with us and become a damaging midfielder who can hurt opposition sides on the scoreboard too.

Do others think he'll get much game time in the early part of next season or will he take a little bit longer to crack a senior game?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    Welcome aboard Marcus, here's hoping that he can have a long career with us and become a damaging midfielder who can hurt opposition sides on the scoreboard too.

Do others think he'll get much game time in the early part of next season or will he take a little bit longer to crack a senior game?
    This quote in the HUN:
    Dogs believe Bontempelli can play Round 1 if he puts on weight over the pre-season,
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, thanks BAD. I wonder if he plays off a back flank initially or if we look to throw him right in the middle. Going to be great to see how we can develop him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    Interesting, thanks BAD. I wonder if he plays off a back flank initially or if we look to throw him right in the middle. Going to be great to see how we can develop him.
    I really don't know where they will play him. Maybe as a defender initially to hone up his defensive skills?? Where would you play him?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.