Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Footy journalism - the good, the bad and the ugly

Just watched a clip of 7 news that Stevo retweeted of the afternoon news anchor. On Keath the anchor says: “despite being seen at St Kilda head quarters a couple of week ago, he’s likely to end up at the bulldogs.”

What gave it away you geniuses? The press releases from Adelaide & Bulldogs about it, the official player request from Keath to the bulldogs specifically, Sam Power’s video about securing Keath as he as nominated us, or something else.

Quality work. Mention touring St Kilda and leave out entirely the whole nominating bulldogs bit...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

For a thread with origins back to a time when Lukas Markovic was wearing our colours how on earth are we only 4 pages deep?
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Just watched a clip of 7 news that Stevo retweeted of the afternoon news anchor. On Keath the anchor says: “despite being seen at St Kilda head quarters a couple of week ago, he’s likely to end up at the bulldogs.”

What gave it away you geniuses? The press releases from Adelaide & Bulldogs about it, the official player request from Keath to the bulldogs specifically, Sam Power’s video about securing Keath as he as nominated us, or something else.

Quality work. Mention touring St Kilda and leave out entirely the whole nominating bulldogs bit...
    Football journalism is small and insular. Unfortunately, most are compromised and cannot speak freely, afraid to rock the boat, or, they are megaphones for the club they barrack for Eg. Mark Stevens and Sam Landsberger (I like both by the way as I am bias and they are bulldogs) I do like Mick Warner. Only Journo to fly the flag for the Dogs with relation to the Talia affair, taking issue with the AFL on a number of other occasions. The AFL rewarded him for his efforts by stripping him of his media accreditation.

4. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funke disco View Post
    Football journalism is small and insular. Unfortunately, most are compromised and cannot speak freely, afraid to rock the boat, or, they are megaphones for the club they barrack for Eg. Mark Stevens and Sam Landsberger (I like both by the way as I am bias and they are bulldogs) I do like Mick Warner. Only Journo to fly the flag for the Dogs with relation to the Talia affair, taking issue with the AFL on a number of other occasions. The AFL rewarded him for his efforts by stripping him of his media accreditation.
    Did they? That's appalling. North Korea-esque. Not surprised, mind you, just disgusted.

6. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Cal Twomey and Marc McGowan are the best in the business at this time of the year on the AFL site. I feel sorry for the two of them having to deal with 'Damo' as a colleague.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

8. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    I think Cal Twomey and Marc McGowan are the best in the business at this time of the year on the AFL site. I feel sorry for the two of them having to deal with 'Damo' as a colleague.
    The other journos all like Barrett. If you ever speak negatively about him to one of the others they pretty consistently leap to his defence.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    The other journos all like Barrett. If you ever speak negatively about him to one of the others they pretty consistently leap to his defence.
    I don’t like the way Barrett has covered us over the last couple of years but I concede he is pretty good at what he does - he is prepared to speak his mind, he calls out some of the bluff and bluster - and I’m hopeful that Bevo and Damo can move to a better place - it’s not productive for anyone

11. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I don’t like the way Barrett has covered us over the last couple of years but I concede he is pretty good at what he does - he is prepared to speak his mind, he calls out some of the bluff and bluster - and I’m hopeful that Bevo and Damo can move to a better place - it’s not productive for anyone
    Think that shop has sailed. Barrett needs the Bevo feud, it’s the only thing that gives him any relevance

Post Thanks / Like

The Good: Sam Landsberger
    Forum: Twitter
    Topic: Article on our strong interest in Ben King

Dickhead Essendon User John: With Jamarra coming to the club next year. Taking up their first rounder. Plus other NGA and FS picks in the same draft. What does the club have to offer compared to saints and other clubs ? Come on Sam.

Sam: I reckon the club probably knew that when it started making inquiries. Come on John.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes azabob, Bulldog4life, bornadog liked this post