Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon dances to its own tune...again.

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Saint's say G'day and then they say lets all get drunk, take our clothes off and do anything we please.
    A laugh a day keeps the doctor away - thanks KT31 for my daily dose !!
    Josie :)

Our day will come
    And we'll have everything.
    We'll share the joy
    Just like '54 again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Sometimes it's hard to wonder why we always play by the rules and are a solid citizen of the comp.
    We have integrity. I'm proud of the way our club goes about things. I think we are great bunch of people with very solid values. The way it should be
    Crumbs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    West Coast Eagles say hi !!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by W W Biscuit View Post
    We have integrity. I'm proud of the way our club goes about things. I think we are great bunch of people with very solid values. The way it should be
    Often, when you have the character and integrity to do the right thing, you suffer for it. That's what makes it all the more respectable.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree BAS, it just adds to the value of a flag which wags. There will be no doubt that the win was ours and ours alone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Sometimes it's hard to wonder why we always play by the rules and are a solid citizen of the comp.
    Let's not get on too high a horse with regards this issue.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Little is fast becoming the most despicable President since Big Jack. At least you could get a laugh out of Jack or laugh at him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Adelaide Crows say hello
    Right there with you T&T!

Post Thanks / Like

Has thumbing their nose at the AFL actually gotten Essendon anywhere in the last decade?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    The Essendon FC Board is ultimately responsible for its current predicament. To allow the ego of James Hird to run rampart has greatly dented the reputation of one of the League's most powerful clubs. Paul Little, the new Essendon President to then turn around and give Hird a further 2 year contract after his 12 month suspension beggars belief. This once proud club is now reeling from what has been an absolute disaster. Clubs like Hawthorn and Geelong through strong leadership and governance has highlighted that nothing replaces character and integrity.
    Well said NBP

Post Thanks / Like

$20,000 fine for this infringement.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Good ��

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    The Essendon FC Board is ultimately responsible for its current predicament. To allow the ego of James Hird to run rampart has greatly dented the reputation of one of the League's most powerful clubs. Paul Little, the new Essendon President to then turn around and give Hird a further 2 year contract after his 12 month suspension beggars belief. This once proud club is now reeling from what has been an absolute disaster. Clubs like Hawthorn and Geelong through strong leadership and governance has highlighted that nothing replaces character and integrity.
    Very well put NBP. It seems that they took doing "Whatever it takes" a little too literally. Integrity is priceless and with blokes like Peter Gordon and Brendan McCartney leading our Club we are in great hands.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the very VERY unfortunate displeasure of spending a few microseconds this afternoon with a highly deluded Essendon supporter.
    So, in a nutshell.....

James Hird never did anything wrong. He's an EXTREMELY intelligent man, everything they took was legal WHEN THEY TOOK IT. But then the rules got changed............
    It's all Demetriou's fault and he'll be gone by the end of the year.

Just absolute spew up, cult mentality material.

I was at a child's birthday party, and rather than listen to the drivel, I volunteered to be the guy minding the front gate to make sure the kids didn't run on the road.

(There were no kids in the front yard at the time)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    I had the very VERY unfortunate displeasure of spending a few microseconds this afternoon with a highly deluded Essendon supporter.
    So, in a nutshell.....

James Hird never did anything wrong. He's an EXTREMELY intelligent man, everything they took was legal WHEN THEY TOOK IT. But then the rules got changed............
    It's all Demetriou's fault and he'll be gone by the end of the year.

Just absolute spew up, cult mentality material.

I was at a child's birthday party, and rather than listen to the drivel, I volunteered to be the guy minding the front gate to make sure the kids didn't run on the road.

(There were no kids in the front yard at the time)
    And no kids ran on the road. Just an everyday Aussie hero!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023